By iBlueWolf
#169296 Hi, I'm a spanish pixelmon mod player and yesterday I answered me a thing. Why Pixelmon modders don't improve the perfomance from his mod?

I know Pixelmon is a nice mod, but we need pc's from an high cost to play that with good fps. I play Pixelmon with a 600$ value laptop and i can't play good at all.

The comunity might think if the mod deserves a new perfomance to allow to more people to play that fantastic mod! It's just a suggest to do, you can do what you want but I just need it, my friends need it, and I'm sure more people need it too!

Thanks for reading and please, considere it for the future.

(If i fail in something on my post, sorry, I'm spanish, I'm not a native english person, goodbye! And It's my first post! :DDD)

By SKyTheThunder
#169298 It's true that Pixelmon is a very hardware intensive mod - mostly because of the many models and textures the game needs to load/render. Even my dedicated gaming desktop PC has its problems, although it handles most current AAA titles on high settings just fine...

The devs are trying to improve the performance. There's a few problems though:
This is only a mod. Since base Minecraft is already a very unefficient game it is hard to improve on it. Mojang themselves are trying to change that, but with a patchwork game like it is, that's not that easy...
Also our devs don't get paid for it. It's easy to be motivated and learn new stuff if your reward is more than just an imaginary pat on the back. As it is, they have to dedicate most of their time to their jobs and other RL stuff, leaving not that much for such intensive (and probably boring) work.

And then there's the argument that many people want new stuff... If they sat back for 2-3 versions, doing nothing but performance work, many players would complain...
So better give them something to fiddle with while you're working behind the curtains. ;)

I'm sure we'll see some improvements in performance along the upcoming versions, but don't expect miracles.
JOIN THE TEAM