By gagedude89
#169625 The launcher is really good, it's easy to set up, easy to install mods, but the only thing that i find a bit annoying is how there is no way currently (as of my knowlage) to make it so it always uses the newest version of forge for that specific minecraft update. It would make it alot easier to install whatever mods for that minecraft version you want because then you wouldn't have to worry if you don't have the right forge version. Best regards ~Gage

By MrMasochism
#169627 We upload recommended forge versions to the server for people to use. The latest forge versions are not always stable so not worth putting up there in our view
By ImASelfishGhost
gagedude89 wrote:The launcher is really good, it's easy to set up, easy to install mods, but the only thing that i find a bit annoying is how there is no way currently (as of my knowlage) to make it so it always uses the newest version of forge for that specific minecraft update. It would make it alot easier to install whatever mods for that minecraft version you want because then you wouldn't have to worry if you don't have the right forge version. Best regards ~Gage

If you need a different version of forge other then what is recommended by the launcher/dev team, then all you have to do is drag and drop your version into the launcher.
JOIN THE TEAM