By Beauseant
Okay now i understand that you mean actually jumping onto a hitbox and then outside of the map area, the problem is that in single player you aren't kicked for floating, there isn't another way to get around this except to make all hitboxes either tiny or huge

It's not for singleplayer, i'm making a recreation of Kanto in multiplayer with my build/dev team.

These hitboxes, what are their purpose if i may ask? Are these hitboxes only for throwing the pokeballs at them? If so, why not change that mechanic?

I really have hard times hitting pidgeys/spearows/rattata's (because they're so small!) with my pokeball(s). Why not, if a pokeball lands, check for an pixelmon in a radius of 1.5 blocks. And if there's a pixelmon, or more, grab the nearest one to battle with?

By MoeBoy76
Beauseant wrote:These hitboxes, what are their purpose if i may ask?

Minecraft uses hitboxes to know the quadrilateral prism where entities/blocks begin and end to know where entities can move to and where blocks can be placed, so as i already explained, our choice is to either make it impossible to catch Pixelmon or make it impossible to use them in a ranch (cos you can't get near it)
By Beauseant
Minecraft uses hitboxes to know the quadrilateral prism where entities/blocks begin and end to know where entities can move to and where blocks can be placed, so as i already explained, our choice is to either make it impossible to catch Pixelmon or make it impossible to use them in a ranch (cos you can't get near it)

So the only real solution for me is to disable players jumping at all?
By Beauseant
Vanilla Mobs have their own hitboxes for terrain and interactions, but still the player can't stand on them. Wouldn't it be possible to make Pokemon entities behave in a similar way?

That's what i thought as well! :-) But i think the dev. just told us that isn't possible. I think. I don't speak programmers language.
By JamieS1211
#169827 As an alternative solution have you considered building your walls with 2 invisible cube blocks on top, or just go all out and make your map a system of tunnels with the top few blocks invisable cubes. That should look the same to the player, it will show block wire frame when the invisable cube is in the crosshairs but other then that it seems like the best solution. Back when I ran a server I build areas that we suposed to be un-escapable, built a 4 block high hedge and then used ladders facing the wrong way to be transparent but still act to block the player. Same idea with hidden cubes, just neater. To do this easiest you could make it with glass then use WE to change to invisable cubes after making the map.
By MoeBoy76
JamieS1211 wrote:As an alternative solution have you considered building your walls with 2 invisible cube blocks on top

or, ya know, barriers? this is assuming that you aren't making a map on the very outdated 1.7.10
By Beauseant
As an alternative solution have you considered building your walls with 2 invisible cube blocks on top, or just go all out and make your map a system of tunnels with the top few blocks invisable cubes. That should look the same to the player, it will show block wire frame when the invisable cube is in the crosshairs but other then that it seems like the best solution. Back when I ran a server I build areas that we suposed to be un-escapable, built a 4 block high hedge and then used ladders facing the wrong way to be transparent but still act to block the player. Same idea with hidden cubes, just neater. To do this easiest you could make it with glass then use WE to change to invisable cubes after making the map.

Wish i could, but we really can't do that. I'm just going to disable jumping then. Makes our life a lot easier. As i'm already including barriers at some points, and i don't wanna go over the top barrier action. You can close this topic now. Thanks for the information! Maybe sometime in the near future when 1.9 forge/pixelmon is out, you'll see our server on the forums ;-) Image We're about half-way done with Kanto... this is the best screenshot i could give a.t.m.
JOIN THE TEAM