By grafikal
#169729 I'm suggesting that external moves (EM) have a higher level of customization in the config.

1. Turning on/off certain EMs.
2. Having a list of IDs that can be affected by each EM.
3. Having a length of time that each EM affects the blocks.
4. Customizing the amount of a stat that is required for the strength and cooldown of EMs.
5. Adventure Mode settings for EMs.

1: Seems fairly self-explanatory. List of each EM with a true/false.

2: In the config, each EM have an array of item IDs that can be affected by that EM.
Ex: Cut - specify item ID 4875 (Pixelmon Tree), then in game only the Pixelmon Tree can be cut down via EM Cut.
Ex: Rock Smash - specify item ID 4833 (Pixelmon Boulder), then in game only the Pixelmon Boulder can be smashed via EM Rock Smash.

3: Currently EM Rock Smash is the only one that already kind of does this. In adventure mode, Rock Smash will respawn the broken block after 7 seconds and not drop the item. I'm proposing that there be a config for Rock Smash that can customize the length of time before respawning. Not only for Rock Smash, but for Cut as well. (Time before the tree respawns.)

4: In adventure mode, I'm less worried about requiring a player to need a ton of ATK to chop down a small tree periodically as I am just wanting them to be able to regardless if their Pokemon knows Cut. So I'd like to have a config for each applicable EM that I can set a minimum number for each stat to be basically usable and a maximum stat for speed or until it is a max strength.

5: This bit is more applicable for adventure mode. Also suggestions for possible uses for EMs for each HM.
- EM Rock Smash could have a range of blocks that it could break at one time. Instead of breaking 1 block, breaking a 2x2 or a 3x3 chunk of rock (or ID specified) - similar to how Cut will currently chop down quite a few logs if they're all attached to each other.
- EM Cut having an option to remove leaves in a small range around the logs it breaks (if breaking logs.)
- EM Dig (This part may be quite a bit more ambitious:) Dig would teleport you to specific block. I propose to add 2 new Utility Blocks (Possibly called, Dig In Block and Dig Out Block). Basically each is an invisible pressure plate that mark your player as "Inside a place" or "Outside" based on which of those two blocks were last walked on. In adventure mode, you'd place an OUTSIDE Block, then an INSIDE Block at the entrance to a cave or something similar. Ex. The player would walk over both going into it, the INSIDE Block would be the last thing they touched so using EM Dig would teleport them to that block when used. Walking out, they'd walk over the INSIDE Block first then the OUTSIDE Block last having the player teleport to the last used Healer if marked as Outside via the block.
- Surf (or riding Pokemon in general in the water.) Players touching water should automatically teleport them 1 block back to land or the last physical block they were standing on preventing players from swimming from location to location without the use of riding a Pokemon. Surf is already toggle-able.
- Waterfall would be similar to EM Surf. If a player is riding a Pokemon on the water and touches Flowing Water instead of Stationary Water sources, the game will check if the player currently has a Pokemon in his/her party that knows HM Waterfall. If they do, then the player will freely travel across Flowing Water blocks, otherwise the player will be similarly teleported back to the last Stationary Water block they were on (as though the player is jumping from land to water to prevent player swimming.)
- Rock Climb would be usable while mounted on a Pokemon that knows Rock Climb. Using it would allow the player to vertically travel up a wall of block IDs that can be specified in the config for EM Rock Climb.
- Strength would push a block ID, specified in the config for Strength, 1 block in the direction the player is facing. It's basically a piston pushing a block.
- Defog could just clear weather.
- Whirlpool would essentially be the exact same thing as Waterfall unless there is a way to determine that player is vertically traveling up Flowing Water as opposed to horizontally traveling across Flowing Water. If that's possible to detect, then Whirlpool would be horizontal while Waterfall being vertical.
- Dive would quickly force the Pokemon and player riding it to descend to the first block other than water. Like 3x the speed of falling in water naturally. Just forces you to quickly get to the bottom of any body of water.

This quickly turned into a lot more than I originally anticipated. I hope some of these are in the works or that these ideas are sound or logical.

Thanks for reading. :-)

By TreysName
#170195 I really like everything in here, even if some of it may not be feasible. Adventure maps that want to stick closer to how the regular games progress seem to have issues creating obstacles to limit a player's options or blocking their path to a location saved for later. Having these HMs function the way they are listed here would help this issue quite a bit, as they require obtaining the HMs to allow progress to be made in the area this obstacle is. You find a path presumably going to another town, but it's blocked by a boulder which can only be pushed by a pokemon using Strength. This means this path is inaccessible until the player finds the HM for strength, a pixelmon that can use it, and (maybe) even the badge required for using it.
JOIN THE TEAM