By Fantem
#170485 I have been wondering for a while if there was some way we could be a Pokemon, instead of a trainer with Pokemon, like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I have been looking for ways to do it without a sidemod, but came up dry. I found an unofficial sidemod called pokedisguise, which lets you look like a pokemon, but I cannot get it. It never gets to download because "the server timed out", every time. plus, it is a 1.8 mod.
I also looked at the morph mod that lets you turn into any mob, but it requires killing the mob creature to do it, and it is a 7.10 mod. Is anyone out there working on some way to do it? Can anyone help me put this idea together? I do not have any programming experience, or any experience modeling 3d models. Currently, the closest I can get to anything from pmd is a minimap. I watched Pixeldip do an lp which had a form of pmd roleplay called "Pixelmon Mystery City", but there is no way I can find how he made himself into a pokemon.

By VinceOrlando
#170486 If this was even possible, it will most likely being 1.8. Anything developed by the devs will most likely be for newer versions as they dont want to back port to older MC versions.
By MoeBoy76
#170491 There is a possibility that i might work on something once iChun finishes porting MorphMod but it depends on what spare time i have and what version of Minecraft Pixelmon is on in comparison
By Fantem
#170508 Get ready for a long post...
So, something I thought of was making it so you look like a Pokemon (not turn you into one completely), and allow you to use and learn moves, as well as level when battling normal Pokemon, possibly getting Pokemon NPCs who join and follow you (up to 3 or 4 Pokemon, maybe up to the amount of Pokemon in your party with regular Pixelmon).
As far as poke-balls are concerned, nobody should be able catch you or your team since they could count as part of your Pokemon party. We may or may not try having mystery dungeon and regular Pixelmon on the same servers.
How to do befriending instead of catching Pokemon is something a bit different. They might need some form of talking to you. Beating Pokemon in a battle like in the original PMD games could also give you a chance to have them join you, adding up to all known Pokemon as of the present time. Super Mystery Dungeon introduced a different way to befriend Pokemon, which involved just completing quests, and talking to them.
Any joining involving fighting Pokemon was a quest that a Pokemon gave you. One of the two ways should be decided on. The Pokemon you turn into could use a quiz, like on the Pokeballers server. That server has a quiz that chooses your starter Pokemon by the answers you give.
We may want to use the test used in the original PMD games with their original Pokemon (probably Explorers of Sky), or the newest game, which lets you choose your Pokemon after taking the quiz if you are not okay with the one determined by the test. It is up to the Modder. There is a place out on the internet that tells what answers do what, and what answers lead to different quiz questions If anyone is interested.
After all questions are answered, then you get a Pokemon based on your answer paths. Your partner Pokemon is also a part of the game to think of. You choose partner Pokemon left over after taking the test, which does not include the one you become. Super Mystery Dungeon chooses your partner based on the one you become combined with whether you want a "cute" or "cool" partner, and it still allows you to decide on a different partner if you do not like the automatic one.
JOIN THE TEAM