By GDJacks
#171471 If no permission mod is installed on server. Default all commands you would consider admin to OPped users, and all other commands to non-OPped users.

I know the modded minecraft community is in a state of flux right now and hopefully one day will again have stable platforms to run modded servers on. But for now every side mod that requires a permission mod requires extra mods or additional layers of crap to sort out. All of it unstable and not playing well with the recommended build of Pixelmon & Forge.

My players want your mods, I would like to let my players use your mods. But its not worth the headache and instabilities right now to add them.

By Quakthorn2
#171472 Try using SpongeForge and add in PermissionsEx from there. It has a quite stable build, takes a bit to learn but once you got it down, the possibilities are endless.
By MoeBoy76
#171590 If you would like to discuss with server owners and come to an agreement i will change some command permission levels, such as /wt and /pbreed but only the ones that are agreed upon
By GDJacks
#171693 Is it a one or the other type thing? Because I do no want to remove permissions per say from servers that want to put a command behind a pay wall. But at the same time for small private servers like I am running, we really don't need that level of control. As right now WonderTrade - 1.8.9 - 4.2.0 the one I would be using. It automatically allows OPs access to all commands but regular players can not even access the main user specific /wt command. So I ether gotta give everyone OP to use it. Gawd the horror... Install a permission mod (Which would be fine if there was stable options for me at the moment). Or just not bother with wondertrade. Which is the preferable option for me at this time.

If it is one or the other leave them as is then, as it seems this is really only an issue I seem to be having. So, I just have to wait for stable versions of pixelmon/forge/sponge to align and reinstall a permission mod again when they do.
By GDJacks
#171762 The reply I posted on the 9th explains it. How ever not well so I will attempt to clarify. I am running Pixelmon 4.2.3 with the installed recommended forge for that version of pixelmon which is 11.15.1.1722. Everything runs great. If I try to install any sponge beyond 3.1.0-BETA-1136 just refuses to run, and its sponge 3.1.0-BETA-1136 that is both unstable and not recommended.

Which makes the entire thing unstable and for what? To have a permission mod installed to use commands that I don't need behind a paywall.

When I tried to update forge to the newer recommended forge the version of pixelmon I am using dose not work. So when I said that I would have to wait for everything to align, I meant for it to do so with pixelmon 4.2.3.

That is my problem better explained I hope, because I am not sure how better I can do so. :P

Its been a week sense I posted this I have not bothered to test more recent builds of forge/sponge with 4.2.3 pixelmon so I will try to set some time aside to do some testing again. Who knows maybe the Java Gods will smile on me and bless the union of Pixelmon 4.2.3 and latest forge/sponge.

*edited* for clarity and fail at English.
By MoeBoy76
#171763 The other day i updated the beta1 server to the latest SpongeForge and updated Forge to the version it requires and everything works just fine (Pixelmon and PEX-wise, SafariGames and a plugin had some kinks)
By Jay113355
#172223 Generally Pixelmon is compatible with newer forge versions then the one posted. Only in rare cases is it not. In fact i would recommend using a newer forge version as the one suggested on the downloads page has game breaking bugs in it. For instance, my server is using forge 1760. (i need to update soon..)
Try using the latest forge and sponge (make sure the sponge and forge match however.) and go from there.
JOIN THE TEAM