By CritsAreFair
#171880 It's great that Move Tutors are finally in the mod, but there's a slight problem... They despawn. So once you finally find that move you've been looking for, you better be carrying a handful of gems with you or else there's a good chance the NPC won't even be there by the time you come back.

I propose that there should be an item called a Heart of Friendship that can be obtained from Pokeloot and Bosses. You could right click an NPC with it to make it permanent, stopping it from despawning. A Trainer NPC will be changed to Battle Once A Day mode. In addition, if you hold a Heart of Friendship NPCs should follow you, similar to the way Pokemon follow you if you hold a Rare Candy. This would allow you to lead them to your base, town, or wherever you want to put them.

Thanks for reading.
~Crits

By SKyTheThunder
#171884 An item to "tame" humans? Kind of morally ambivalent, don't you think?

Personally I don't think it's all that bad. They spawn so often that you can't possibly collect all of them in your base (given you want to keep an overview over them). And the "not having stuff on you" is easily fixed too: I carry around an Ender Chest wherever I go and keep all my valuables in the Ender inventory. That way if I find a tutor with a move I like I just place it down, learn, and destroy it again. Getting a new Eye of Ender for another chest is pretty easy anyway... The Ender Chest mod with its Ender Pouches would make that even easier - or just a backpack mod that you use for storing your gems...
By CritsAreFair
SKy2008 wrote:An item to "tame" humans? Kind of morally ambivalent, don't you think?

Personally I don't think it's all that bad. They spawn so often that you can't possibly collect all of them in your base (given you want to keep an overview over them). And the "not having stuff on you" is easily fixed too: I carry around an Ender Chest wherever I go and keep all my valuables in the Ender inventory. That way if I find a tutor with a move I like I just place it down, learn, and destroy it again. Getting a new Eye of Ender for another chest is pretty easy anyway... The Ender Chest mod with its Ender Pouches would make that even easier - or just a backpack mod that you use for storing your gems...

Keep in mind we're talking about a game based around virtual dogfighting. Moral ambiguity is par for the course. Besides the Heart was just an idea (I guess the idea behind it was that you give it to them to befriend them, so they stick around instead of moving on), it could really be anything.

I do absolutely disagree that it isn't necessary, however. For one thing, there's no need to collect every move tutor you see. Only the ones that carry relevant moves (Roost, Draco Meteor, Stealth Rock, Heat Wave... Whatever you're looking for). Could be a limit on how many NPCs one person is allowed to tag to prevent any sort of lag machines. On top of that the spawnrate of NPCs on a server is far, far, far less than on multiplayer (it actually isn't, but being as the same amount of trainers spawn over a far greater area it seems as if it is unless every player on the server is in the same area), so just finding a tutor for the move you're looking for is difficult.

And why should I be forced to carry around an enderchest if I'm looking for tutors? An enderchest really shouldn't even be relevant.
By MrMasochism
#171942 I think the better solution is to design a house which a move reminder spawns in in villages, that way it won't despawn
JOIN THE TEAM