By Pokenerd8
#172673 For Map makers i think it would help if there was a type of npc that checked what pokemon is in your party and depending on the npc set up it would do different things.

Example: NPC: Oh! You have a Charizard! here take this TM! (Command: Give @p 5734)
NPC: That Tm contains Fire Blast! use it wisely
(also yes i know thats not actually the correct tm)

or have it check other things like certain moves or have it check happiness of your 1st slot pokemon to congratulate you on max happiness or check your happiness. etc.

number of things could be done with this NPC. :)

By SnowBlitzz
#172681 If this idea were to be considered I'd like it to have an option to check the pokemon's stats as well. Like growth, nature, etc. Same as for the traders this would be a nice addition
By MrMasochism
#172688 The idea is alright but it needs to be fleshed out.

What types of things should the npc be able to look at (and lets not make a ridiculous list of everything as this has to be manageable through a gui)

What types of things should the npc be able to do on finding that (again needs to be fairly limited so that this isn't impossible to implement)
By Pokenerd8
#172699 i would suggest 2 things to check. Pokemon and Items
Prolly have a slot in the Gui for a player to type in a pokemon or item and then have a dialog tab and a command tab.

Command tab so if the player has the pokemon/item on them it will activate this command like a command block.

Example:if player has a Blue orb and you type /Pokegive @p Kyogre lvl50
the npc would give you the Kyrogre.

For the dialog tab you would set it up depending on what you gave them.
Lets say the npc wants to see a totodile. it would check to see if the player has the totodile and would have a different dialog depending if you have it or not.
(kinda like the way you have the greeting/winning/losing dialog)

also would be nice if the npc could check for more than 1 thing. like a pokemon collector wanting to see a bunch of rare pokemon.
(another good example would be like the pokepark where only certain pokemon could
enter and have a way to check if a player has any of the matching pokemon)

also i'm not sure if you can accomplish this with the trader. but have it where you could trade items and they would take the item and activate the command.

i can mention more but i think majority of this would already be too complicated to add. but nothing else giving out ideas :)
By SnowBlitzz
#172707 For the pokemon checking part there could be more than that.
Pokemon:
Nature:
Growth:
Level:
Ability:
Shiny?:
has move: (example has destony bond)
And there would be an "any" option for each

This would be nice for traders who wants specific pokemon and not just anything of the species
By Pokenerd8
#172767 to be honest i don't see why growth level shiny etc would need to be checked.
i was thinking like this

|---------------------------------|
|Donphan........................| What Item or Pokemon?
| ......................................|
|.......................................|
========
|...ADD...|
=========
|/tp @p 12 12 23...............| Command

===================
|............Dialog...........|
===================
By SnowBlitzz
#172794 I thought it would only be one page with textboxes and labels.

Those checks would be nice for say, capture events like in a park where only one kind of pokemon spawn and everyone is given safari balls to catch an enourmous one, etc.
By FrostEffects
#173152 On the note of NPC interaction; I'd like to see a system similar to the CNPC setup where you can create alot of dialog with options; etc. The problem with cnpc is the fact that its another sidemod a player has to add just to play your server. this ruins it for some people that don't want to have anything but pixelmon and server-sided mods on their server. So as seen in recent updates to pixelmon you're able to make conversations with the trainers and npcs; now we just need to take it a step further like cpnc did and allow for those heavy interaction with options; dialog hooks, and command hooks. Would be great to see.
JOIN THE TEAM