By Dudeguy
#173611 Someone has probably made this suggestion already, but it's the only problem I have with this amazing gigantic mod. Attempts to mimic the anime voices just don't do it for me. I'm probably not alone in saying that I much prefer the Pokemon cries in the main games. I'd much rather have Torterra's leafy roar than some guy just yelling "TORTERRA." I do understand that making all the cries takes a lot of work, especially for so few people, but it's really jarring to be playing the game and then hear someone yelling a Pokemon's name. Everyone is much more familiar with the in-game sounds. I would even be happy with someone just making a sound pack to do this, but there doesn't seem to be one anywhere. I think the most important part is that I got this mod to play the Pokemon GAME, not the Pokemon SHOW.

By FrostEffects
#173645 I've sent you a download link to a Nostalgic Sound Pack with Sounds from 1.7.10 that was thrown together a long time ago. I won't directly link it to any forum post as I don't know if it is allowed but for anyone else that wishes for the pack; just shoot me a private message. Please refrain from posting it on this site as-well.

And I'll work on an updated pack and release it on another forum. Just have to convert everything from wav to ogg and do some renaming.
By FrostEffects
#173668 Well I'm currently working on a 1.8 soundpack of all the current and future pokemon. though it'll be the original sounds from the games; not the anime. I've completed Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3 overnight. I'll be working on Gen4, Gen5, and Gen6 later today; not sure if i want to only release the sounds as they're added into pixelmon or release them as a full pack with all-in-one.
By FrostEffects
#173707 I'm much aware; I'll be posting it elsewhere such as PMC or something to allow people to have the sounds they so cherish. I understand everyone's concern about the original sound but everyone has their own ideals and opinions on what the pixelmon should sound like.

Update: Seems like this is going to take a bit longer then I thought. Everything has been converted to .ogg format; however the way pixelmon has thrown their sounds together being that not all of them follow the <pokemonname>.ogg some of which have multiple sounds even... this is going to be alot more complex to deal with. Also I believe its not possible to just throw the sounds into a texture pack and be done with it; Its looking like It'll take ripping the old sounds out and placing in the new ones from the core mod; which distribution of a custom version of pixelmon version is a big no-no and I will not do such. Time to re-evaluate.
JOIN THE TEAM