By gagedude89
#174561 I don't know if this is possible but would you be able to speed up a pokemons walking animation speed to fit its movement speed or lower its movement speed to match its walking animation, because it is kinda akward seeing a pokemon like zoroark moving slowly away from you while its animation is making it look like its running.

By MoeBoy76
#174564 Jamie asked me to play around with some of the animation code, the result: broken animations, i'm sure that we'll have another go at it at some point though
By MrMasochism
#174585 yeah it's possible to some degree. The only real option, without rebuilding the animations in blender is to add a movement speed modifier to each pokemon which modifies base movement speed to match the animation
By JamieS1211
#174596 Because the movement speed is dependant on the pokmone speed stat but the pokemon movement animation is constant and the movement speed in blender is different we need to consider both. Therefore the animation frame rate needs to be based of a constant that is different for every pokemon and that pokemons movement speed. Animations also then need to be re-considered because we don't want the frame-rate to be lower then one per tick. So for any pokemon that would have a potential speed stat that would cause the animation to go below the 1 frame a tick mark we would need to scale the animation in blender and re-export it so that the pokemon tied animation rate constant and speed stat would never result in a value less then 1 per tick.
JOIN THE TEAM