By Ayyavazi
#174737 Hello all,

I recently did some calculations of Tier 3 drop rates for Boss Pokemon, and it got me thinking. Instead of changing the base game, why not modify the ItemFinder sidemod to allow players to add any item they choose (from Minecraft, Pixelmon, or otherwise) to the various chests in the game. Players would be able to customize what types of items spawn, in what number, and in which types of chests (dungeon, stronghold, nether stronghold, etc.).

If it's too difficult/time consuming to allow any item, perhaps simply allowing any Pixelmon item would be good. Then players could customize servers more to their liking. If this worked off of a file format similar to External NPCs and Structures, that would even allow players to share their ItemFinder files for ease of creation/customization.

Best,

Ayyavazi

By MoeBoy76
#174746 it is possible to do but would not be pretty (would mean that any available item could be used), a "better" way would be to simply get a list of items that are agreed on and i'll add it as option 2
By Ayyavazi
#174759 Hello MoeBoy,

I'd be happy either way. I always prefer the full flexibility option, but if important pixelmon items were includedf, I think that'd still be a workable solution.

So, who needs to agree upon the list and what form does that take? I'm happy to help in any way I can, but I realize that my contributions are limited since I'm not a developer or anything.

Cheers,

Ayyavazi
By MoeBoy76
#174770 make a list and have server owners approve of it, though there's hardly anyone at all that uses the mod
JOIN THE TEAM