By bvanseghi
#179491 Well there is an obvious issue here. You're trying to replace small images, 16x16, with 64x64. The sprite areas on the pixelmon sidebar are rather small, not meant to be replaced by such a large image.

That, or the images are for some reason not being allowed to update somewhere.

Maybe scrounge around in the source code??

By Creepah
SKy2008 wrote:That's curious. Is Pixelmon not using the vanilla texture system or do you have to tell it to accept animations idividually? :-/
Mind to test whether it works on other Pixelmon blocks/items and what it does on the Photo item (since it uses the same texture but is an item, not part of the HUD)? Might just be a thing for this particular set of textures only.
I'd like to know more about what the issue is exactly before I make a new post on this.

I'm f*cking speechless.... lol. Look at this:
And then look at this:
Rip.

PS: They all have the same .png and .mcmeta file.
By Creepah
bvanseghi wrote:Well there is an obvious issue here. You're trying to replace small images, 16x16, with 64x64. The sprite areas on the pixelmon sidebar are rather small, not meant to be replaced by such a large image.

That, or the images are for some reason not being allowed to update somewhere.

Maybe scrounge around in the source code??

I have been able to use 40x40 and even bigger sprites, and they just normally work and automatically get scaled down. I'm quite certain it has to do with the way sprites work on the sidebar.
By bvanseghi
#179504 Maybe ask Hiroku why this is during his next stream. :-)

Edit: Or any dev, for that matter.
By bvanseghi
#179507 Not quite sure. It has been awhile since I watched his streams.
By MrMasochism
#179583 Images in the side bar are not using the block or item system for textures, they are rendered directly using open gl onto the side bar. I don't have any plans to make them accessible by resource pack at this point
By bvanseghi
#179585 Well that's a shame. Would have been a neat thing to have available to us.

Can't win em all, I suppose.
By SKyTheThunder
MrMasochism wrote:I don't have any plans to make them accessible by resource pack at this point

Any particular reasons or just the old "completely reworking this just for the sake of one little cosmetic feature isn't really worth the effort"?
Just to clarify if this is a "will never" or "will not anytime soon".
By Creepah
MrMasochism wrote:Images in the side bar are not using the block or item system for textures, they are rendered directly using open gl onto the side bar. I don't have any plans to make them accessible by resource pack at this point

Thanks for clearing this up. Unfortunate, but just the way it is I guess. ;-)
JOIN THE TEAM