By RyJaMu
#179542 Hi i had a quick look for this suggestion but couldn't find it, i'm sorry if this is already out there
I had a idea for a side-mod what will add like 8 random gyms with random types what would spawn around the world, some could spawn next to towns, rock gyms could spawn on or maybe even in a mountain ground could spawn underground so you would actually have to dig to get to it, flying gyms in the air so would have to have a flying pokemon (or a dirt tower ;) ) water gyms in the ocean, fire gyms in the nether, i can imagine so many possibility's
and once you got the 8 gym badges you would have to find something like a stronghold and you would put your 8 badges into the portal (like an end portal) and that would take you to the elite 4
i guess it would be difficult to find the gyms so you could have a tracking item or use the compass and you could have it show you all the gyms or the closest gym or could have a leveling system so the gyms are leveled as well so the first gym would on the tracking device as soon as you spawn once you level up one of your pokemon to a certain level the next gym would appear and would be stronger than the previous. or the next gym appears when you defeat the first one and so on
i think it would also be cool that you could choose which type gyms would spawn and/or have settings were you could choose to have the kanto gym layout or other region gym layouts or just random
maybe a setting that so that the gyms wouldnt spawn too far like within a 10000 block radius
this is a lot to take in and some of the ideas for this just came into my head while typing haha and i think it would be good for single play use and multi play, as i play on my own a lot but find that im just not sure what to do as there is no goal i can imagine this would be a very difficult mod to make im not a mod maker myself and know nothing like coding even tho i would like to learn but not sure where to start
Thank you for reading :)

By SKyTheThunder
#179544 Gyms are about to be implemented into the main mod. Not as fancy as you describe them, but once implemented different types of gyms will spawn throughout the world. An Elite 4 building would be next in line, but I think MrM will focus on making the Gyms themselves work first.
By RyJaMu
#179545 oh haha pretty cool
do you reckon in the future there could be some of the features what i suggested here either in main mod or as a side mod
like personally i really like the tracking idea having to go to first then so on and the ender portal elite 4 :)
By MoeBoy76
#179587 gyms are actually already in the main mod as of the beta updates
By bvanseghi
#179588 The more the merrier, then??
By RyJaMu
Some Body wrote:http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gym

thank you!
and thanks for everyones quick replys
JOIN THE TEAM