By LucieTwi
#180613 Not shure if there's already a topic on this. I can't use the "search" function. If so, Sorry for duplicate!

I would love the possibility to activate only the friendly vanilla mobs. So I could i.e. build a cow farm for fast steaks. Simply turning all on and then turn to peaceful wouldn't be the same, since there you don't get hungry and heal all the time.

And it also would be great if one could change camera angle during evolution. Somehow the view is blocked more often than not.

By bvanseghi
#180614 Found this in the config file:
"# Allow creepers, skeletons, etc. to spawn in the world. DANGER - can kill you while battling.
allowVanillaMobs=false"
You could find some mod that disables enemy mobs.

I also found this:
"# Set whether or not to switch to an external camera during battles.
useBattleCamera=true"

That may help, not sure.
By LucieTwi
#180618 that "allowVanillaMobs" turns all of them on or off. i'm talking about one that only turns the unfriendly ones off. jeah, a nother mod would probably do, but i'm always afraid, that it won't work with pixelmon. and i just thought it would be nice if one could change it with a simple click in the config.

about the battle camera. didn't think of that. I'll try it out.

By bvanseghi
#180619 It shouldn't conflict with such mods, so it's fine.

Maybe the developers will consider this feature, but you'd probably need more support for it.

You're welcome.
By MoeBoy76
#180675 if you want no mobs then either use peaceful or set spawn-monsters=false in server.properties (server-only option)
By LucieTwi
#181103 As I mentioned before, peaceful is not an option. Since then I don't need food and stuff and that would make food farms obsolete. And I only play singleplayer, so server-options won't work either. But I took bvanseghis advice and installed a mod to config my mobs.
This works for me fine. But I still suggest to consider to put the option into pixelmon or add an official sidemod that allows this.
By Deathwhitch
#182039 I don't fully understand the need for this. If you have no monsters health doesn't matter anyway, nor food really, so why bother adding that to the mix if it adds nothing. You want peaceful mode with the ability to starve? I don't really see the demand (or need personally) for it. Part of watching your hunger and health is so you don't find yoruself unprepared when facing enemies, but you don't want enemies so I kinda don't see the point but to each their own I guess

I am curious exactly what the battle camera option is meant to do. I turn it off and the only difference is I stay in first person for my first turn in a pokemon battle then it goes to normal battle camera for the remainder of the battle. Seems to make no difference if its on or off in my server.

My suggestion would be to have the game auto activate a vanish potion on all players when a battle starts, so they can still use the current camera but the players would be invisible (or at least see through) and not blocking the view. On battle end simple remove the vanish invisibility effect from the players.
By LucieTwi
#182164 Well, standard config for pixelmon is: No vanilla mobs but normal hunger and life system. I tend to make long excursions to find a certain pokemon and there you also have to have enough food so you don't starve. But since my wheat farms get trampled all the time and automatic meat-farming isn't possible without pigs or cows getting enough food is quite a lenghty task.
By Geodude671
#182952 Try using chickens. Bird Pokemon and Exeggcute drop eggs that can be thrown on the ground to spawn chickens. Then just make an auto chicken cooker like the one BlameTheController had on the S4/S5 Mindcrack server.
JOIN THE TEAM