By Cyrryc
#181433 Make an option in the mod configuration where you can change the generation entirely, like different items spawning, pokemon evolution, and NPC pokemon associate with the generation you picked and before that one, like, if you picked generation one, it wont only effect which pokemon spawn, but also what items you can craft and find in loot balls, and a pokemon such as Eevee can only evolve into a Jolteon, Flareon, or Vaporeon, but none of the others, and NPC trainers cannot have pokemon from generation two and above, but if you picked something like generation two, all of the pokemon from generation two in the gameboy game would be able to spawn from the original pokedex for generation two, not only the pokemon new to generation two, but you could still have an edit option where you can edit which generations would be able to spawn, so all of the pokemon from generation three could spawn, as well as generation two or something as long as you originally chose a generation higher than that. If you need me to explain other details that you were confused about, please let me know, I'm too dang tired right now, and too lazy to look over it.

By SKyTheThunder
#181443 First of all: Punctuation and paragraphs are a thing. Use them.

There is already the option to prevent Pokémon from certain generations from spawning:
http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... g#Spawning
I however don't know whether this includes evolutions and NPC trainers' teams.

I doubt we will get an option that will change all aspects to fit a certain generation (Pokémons' typing, strengths/weaknesses, move pools, etc.). That would require to code several versions of the same files and make sure they're easily interchangeable without producing bugs - and in the end would only be used by very few people.
Disabling certain item drops, evolutions and others depending on the generation might be possible though. However that is a lot of work as well. You'd need to go through all existing (and future) items, evos, crafting recipes and so on individually to compile them into lists and adapt the drop/spawn code to replace the "forbidden" items it was about to generate with "allowed" ones etc...

Personally I can't see it happening except if someone decides to make a side mod for it.
By Cyrryc
#181519 Well, I didn't say anything about changing the pokemon it self, and what i meant about adding a generations option that effects more things, I didn't mean by the generations option in the spawning menu, it's just about removing certain pokemon entirely from the game, so a pokemon CAN'T evolve into a pokemon from a future generation, or a pokemon CAN'T breed a pokemon from a different generation either.
Also when I meant it changes more things, pokemon like a Magicarp would be able to spawn in generation 4, just like in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, for magicarp was in the original pokedex in the game. That is what I meant.
By SKyTheThunder
#181576 Read above:
SKy2008 wrote:[...]
Disabling certain item drops, evolutions and others depending on the generation might be possible though. However that is a lot of work as well. You'd need to go through all existing (and future) items, evos, crafting recipes and so on individually to compile them into lists and adapt the drop/spawn code to replace the "forbidden" items it was about to generate with "allowed" ones etc...

Personally I can't see it happening except if someone decides to make a side mod for it.
JOIN THE TEAM