By Pokenerd8
#183964 When talking about battle animations for the future i got to thinking how it would work with being in different battle fields of various sizes, then i came up with something that could help with math and placement of pokemon (or i would hope any way)

what if depending on which type of battle format (singles, Doubles ect.) the pokemon positions were placed in a certain place from the player? if you remember in "Pokemon Colosseum" your pokemon were always a certain distance away from you while being staying in one place and not move much to keep them from flying all over the floor and off cliffs where nobody can see them.

an example:
Spoiler:
for Doubles they can be set up like this with pokemon diagonal from you

For singles/multi/tag etc, they can be infront of the trainer.

my points that this could help the mod out being
1. since some moves like water gun would need to reach pokemon A to pokemon B it would make the animation for it much cleaner to watch and maybe easier to code in as i assume the attack for the pokemon would need to start near or at Pokemon A, so things like surf don't look awkward when your pokemon falls off the stadium and attack offset from the field

2.not just for battle animations but this would keep the battlefield bit cleaner looking for others to watch. when the pokemon does the tackle animation they go all over the place. or pokemon are clipping inside of you while you are battling.

3. you can also change the attack (tackle) animation where they jump forward and back to the place they belong.

i'm sure there are other points i could make but i only wanted to show the general idea i had in mind, i'm sure this isn't something pixelmon needs to drop what they are doing for. or even really needed. but i thought it would make battle fields look cleaner.

By SKyTheThunder
#183993 The problem with this is that on randomly generated terrain you can't really set up battles really well. Especially in Trainer battles where you sometimes stand nearly on top of your opponent that would be hard. (And I wouldn't start teleporting players around - that would cause lots of issues with them landing places they don't want to be...)

MrM was building on battle platforms that would spawn at build limit for every battle. They never got implemented though.
That might be a possibility to solve the issues with positioning. I'm personally not a fan of that though - I like the organic in-world battles more.
JOIN THE TEAM