By Lase
#188192 In the game when you encounter a shiny, a special noise is played.
I think it would be a nice touch if there was a shiny in the nearby vacinity, you could hear a small chime sound. This would help players who are traveling through an area not miss a shiny pokemon, while also not providing too much of an advantage and making shines super common. It would also help players maybe find shinies that are only slight color deviations.

Thank you for reading :)

By Lase
#188466 Yeah, but I think adding a tracker to your game is too much. Just a small hint such as a jingle does not completely spoil the hunt for pokemon.
By MoeBoy76
#188474 The shiny *jingle* only plays once you actually get into a battle so there's no point adding it as you can see the star icon, plus doing it for nearby players would be quite complicated
By RobinHood3000
MoeBoy76 wrote:The shiny *jingle* only plays once you actually get into a battle so there's no point adding it as you can see the star icon, plus doing it for nearby players would be quite complicated
In the main game, yeah, but the fact that Pokémon are visible in the wild already makes Pixelmon mechanically different from Pokémon. The battle-entry jingle isn't the feature being asked for.

I'm in support of this feature (shiny Pokémon periodically playing a short audio cue). I don't believe adding an audio source to shiny Pokémon would be that complicated, since their name crying already behaves the same way. Plus it would make the game more accessible for players with color-blindness who would have difficulty distinguishing shiny sprites from regular ones. And it would make shiny hunting at night and underwater more feasible, without having to swim into the face of every single Magikarp to see if it's golden, for example.

If not an audio cue, perhaps an asterisk or other indicator next to the Pokémon's name display.
JOIN THE TEAM