By MikiMoon
#189462 I know this is a bit unfair to point out, giving the complexity of the code and the low amount of developers, but I've noticed how primitive the "flying" aspect is. It's not entirely necessary, but is there a way to combine the Elytra animations with the mounts to make flying more enjoyable? Using Zelda: Twilight Princess' Plumm's Balloon-Popping Game as a rough example of what I'm talking about, (a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhvQS0vfQ4Y), I think that something beyond the spacebar's up-and-down option would be a great addition!

Also, a related request- perhaps there could be an option to switch your avatar's sitting position whilst in the air? Laying down, side saddling, that sort of thing.

By SKyTheThunder
#189463 Your suggestion doesn't seem to have much to do with the animations, but the mechanics behind it.

Personally I'd very much love a more dynamic flying system (maybe like Elytra but being able to gain momentum by flapping, based on your Pokémon's speed stat). However that would probably consume quite a load of resources - a.k.a. time people could spend on other projects. I don't know much about the actual code but I imagine hitboxes, chunk loading and lag might make it very difficult to get it to work.
On the other hand we already have a working flying system which on top of that is very easy to use...
By MikiMoon
SKy2008 wrote:Your suggestion doesn't seem to have much to do with the animations, but the mechanics behind it.

Personally I'd very much love a more dynamic flying system (maybe like Elytra but being able to gain momentum by flapping, based on your Pokémon's speed stat). However that would probably consume quite a load of resources - a.k.a. time people could spend on other projects. I don't know much about the actual code but I imagine hitboxes, chunk loading and lag might make it very difficult to get it to work.
On the other hand we already have a working flying system which on top of that is very easy to use...

thats a good point. Oh well, it was fun to think about.
JOIN THE TEAM