By DrawnHorizons
#198548 Overview
I'm not really here to say that the current method of obtaining Mega Rings is bad. The only thing I don't like is how the Mega Pokemon spawn in the wild which isn't very lore friendly. So I thought I'd just make a suggestion, take it or leave it in the end its the Devs decision whether they want it or not so here goes!

Reason for Suggesting
The only reason I'm suggesting this is due to the fact that I'd personally rather disable the wild megas and have it so once the player reaches a certain point in their adventure (I run an adventure server) they can mega evolve. Basically there would be a command "/givemegaring" or something along those lines which would allow server owners to have things like the final gym or the end of the elite four grant mega rings for end game usage. The command would simply just give them the ability to equip the ring so that they can use it with the mega stones. I just thought I'd request this so that servers could utilize other methods to give mega evolution and so I could balance out my server without removing mega evolution. As always nice job on Pixelmon and see you around o/

By tridaak
#198563 I've seen server sell "unbans", boxes of rare candy and master balls, perfect IV dittos, breed and other such commands, etc.
Even seen some where if you want to be a moderator or a gym leader, you need to have a paid rank.

Really anything that people can make money of, they will try to. I don't think however, this should prevent new commands like this from being implemented. Personally dislike the mega boss spawns and planning on disabling it, this new command could allow servers to give mega rings through quests and the such. Think it's a good idea.
By DrawnHorizons
tridaak wrote:I've seen server sell "unbans", boxes of rare candy and master balls, perfect IV dittos, breed and other such commands, etc.
Even seen some where if you want to be a moderator or a gym leader, you need to have a paid rank.

Really anything that people can make money of, they will try to. I don't think however, this should prevent new commands like this from being implemented. Personally dislike the mega boss spawns and planning on disabling it, this new command could allow servers to give mega rings through quests and the such. Think it's a good idea.

That's pretty much my point. This command would greatly expand how mega evolution ties into the plots of adventure servers so that admins wouldn't need to step in to reward players with mega evolution by spawning a low level mega.

azh2002ar wrote:but this method can't use for every place . like in singel player . so i dont think this idea is good

Many commands already can't be used in single player. Many people don't play pixelmon for the single player expierience as well. This idea is much more lore friendly to Pokemon which I need since my server will be based off the games.
By FrostEffects
#198626 What stops you from using:
Code: Select all/pokespawncoords (/pspawncoords, /pspawnc, /pspawn) <Pokémon> <x> <y> <z> [argument]...: Spawns the specified Pokémon at the specified x, y, and z coordinates. Other arguments are the same as the default /pokespawn command.
in your "quest" to spawn a megaboss pokemon infront of the player during the quest that they battle to obtain the bracelet? Quest line example: Player is given a task to reach these coords by an npc to inspect an abnormality; what they discover is a new type of evolution never seen before.
I wont tell you exactly how to set this up but it can be done, and there are also ways of creating instances for player to take on this where other players would not be a problem to deal with of trying to steal said boss.

As a MapMaker you should already know that sometimes you just have to work with what you got and be a bit more creative then just running a simple command on a player.

I'm against adding a cheesy way to get the mega rings because it can be abused. Also just because one server does things incorrectly that violate EULA doesn't make it ok. but Eula speak is forbidden here so I will go no further then that.
By DrawnHorizons
FrostEffects wrote:What stops you from using:
Code: Select all/pokespawncoords (/pspawncoords, /pspawnc, /pspawn) <Pokémon> <x> <y> <z> [argument]...: Spawns the specified Pokémon at the specified x, y, and z coordinates. Other arguments are the same as the default /pokespawn command.
in your "quest" to spawn a megaboss pokemon infront of the player during the quest that they battle to obtain the bracelet? Quest line example: Player is given a task to reach these coords by an npc to inspect an abnormality; what they discover is a new type of evolution never seen before.
I wont tell you exactly how to set this up but it can be done, and there are also ways of creating instances for player to take on this where other players would not be a problem to deal with of trying to steal said boss.

As a MapMaker you should already know that sometimes you just have to work with what you got and be a bit more creative then just running a simple command on a player.

I'm against adding a cheesy way to get the mega rings because it can be abused. Also just because one server does things incorrectly that violate EULA doesn't make it ok. but Eula speak is forbidden here so I will go no further then that.

The entire point of this command would be so I wouldn't have to do that. Battling a Mega Evolution wild isn't canonically friendly as I've already said in my other messages on this forum. Servers are going to abuse everything there's no stopping it. Just because they do that doesn't mean it should hold back the mod.

Plus this method is unreliable due to the fact that once it is spawned any trainer can battle it meaning someone can take someones one chance to get mega evolution.
By Rasgnarok
#198643 Though I understand the idea of giving them a mega-ring through command for quests, it is indeed because of its potential abuse that Pixelmon did not add it. If servers prefer having it through quests, they can always /pokespawn a boss and do it in that manner.

Far off discussing the EULA, it is simply yet another addition that devs do not want to get abused by shops and the rest.
JOIN THE TEAM