By x2jbslaw
#204739 Would just like to have a item that can store xp. Either in the idea of a place on ground item or item that can be held in your inventory.

By x2jbslaw
#204746 Something in this aspect.

Openblocks has an XP drain, which can take your XP into tanks when you stand on it, then a shower to get it back later. Ender IO has the experience obelisk, which can store an infinite amount of XP
By SKyTheThunder
#204747 I don't think we'll ever have a system to extract EXP from a pokemon, since there's no similar thing in the main games and there are a lot of implications connected to that - like pokemon losing levels, potentially de-evolving, triggering level-up moves multiple times, etc. That would be a huge mess to figure out.

What I could possibly imagine is to add a feature based on Gen8's EXP Candies: A new held item that - if the poke that's holding it is max level or has leveling disabled - collects the wasted EXP and drops them as Candies.
That's just a quick idea though, no promises.
By x2jbslaw
#204749 Please tell me where in my post I ever said anything about exacting xp from pokemon. I never said that. I said a item that the person playing can store their xp in till they want to use it. I run around with a silktouch pick. Collecting ores, silicon, gems, eneralds, Diamonds in their silktouch form. I use the xp to keep going making silktouch picks and now have a stock of books, and picks. My issue is I have a stock of like diamond ore, emerald ore, etc. I would love to break it all and get the xp but if you technically go over 3o lvls and use xp at higher lvls you are wasting xp. If you had a item that would store the xp then you can maximize your lvls depending on what you want to use them on.

Example: I only need 15 lvls to repair a pick but have 50+ lvls I am acrtually using more then 15 lvls to repair the pick. If I had a item to store my lvls then I can have it give me 15 lvls of xp and not use more.
By x2jbslaw
#204750 I think the post after my first post threw you off which made this post a misunderstanding. You would have to check out what the following mods do for the player.
Openblocks has an XP drain, which can take your XP into tanks when you stand on it, then a shower to get it back later. Ender IO has the experience obelisk, which can store an infinite amount of XP
By SKyTheThunder
#204751 I was assuming you meant Pokemon EXP because you can already easily get these mechanics for player XP from other mods. We don't do anything with player experience, so there's not really a reason for us to implement an unrelated feature like that.
By x2jbslaw
#204752 well I thank you for your response but when you play a server that does not implement those other mods then the idea does work out. I understand your point. ty again.
JOIN THE TEAM