By PKmnman
#205073 So I have been trying to make a small, personal modpack for myself using Pixelmon and various other mods and have been trying to use CraftTweaker to provide balance and some compatibility between mods. While I was attempting to make my tweaks I couldn't help but think how much easier it'd be if Pixelmon had some form of support for CraftTweaker.

For those unaware, CraftTweaker is a Minecraft mod that allows the tweaking of recipes and other small aspects of a mod through the use of scripting. As an example, I was able to use CraftTweaker to make some Pixelmon crafting recipes that use aluminum ingots compatible with the aluminum added from other mods by making slight changes to the crafting recipe or adding a new one entirely. This is extremely helpful to modpack creators who have to may have to balance a mod so it works well with another. And while it is already possible to change the crafting table recipes for Pixelmon items and block, recipes for the anvil and other crafting blocks cannot be modified at the time of writing.

There are two potential ways, that I can think of, that CraftTweaker support could be added to the Pixelmon mod: Either, it can be added natively by the Pixelmon team or it can be added through a side mod. Regardless of how it is implemented, the CraftTweaker support should allow for the editing of anvil recipes and maybe even Pixelmon drops. Maybe some support for editing some of the spawning config through CraftTweaker scripts could be added, supplementing the JSON config files.

Of course, this is just an idea for the Pixelmon team to consider as I am not familiar with their stance on modpacks or adding support for other mods.

JOIN THE TEAM