By Mach
#205074 The NPC layout has some slight issues in Pixelmon, especially when it comes to user friendliness.

The larger differences fall to the store NPCs. These require you to type in item IDs to sell items, which makes it difficult to add sellable enchantments and other such custom items to the stores, creating a lack of user friendliness. While this could be continued, I think it would be advantageous to be able to drag and drop inventory items into seller positions.

Next Trainer NPCs also suffer from similar issues. I find it would be more user friendly to select Pokemon moves through a listing of all possible moves for a UI similar to the move tutors, as you don't have to keep multiple tabs open when looking for moves a pokemon knows in pixelmon. While searching for moves should be maintained having a dedicated UI would make the process more user-friendly. A similar layout (This time taken from the pokedex) would also make browsing for possible mon more easy without having to worry too much about spelling.

Finally, a quest type NPC would make maps and casual servers more enriching, as simple fetch quests, kill quests, and go-to quests would be easy to code and freshen up the gameplay by adding more goals. The quests could give automatic rewards or when you talk to an NPC again. This would help the mod, as it would allow servers with little plug ins and not wanting to install a separate mod to have exciting quests. This with a unique UI would make the mod highly customizable for map makers, server makers, etc, without having to install a barge of other mods.

I hope these ideas prove insightful when creating a more user-friendly experience.
Last bumped by Mach on 23 Apr 2020 11:56.

JOIN THE TEAM