By Saw725
#205139 I'm working on a map with the goal of mimicking the style of core Pokemon games while introducing Minecraft elements into the gameplay. In order to pull this off, I need to be able to control the way Pokemon spawn throughout the world. Naturally, I turn to the Pixelmon Spawner block to help me out here.

I'll be referencing the GUI for the spawner in this post, and I didn't like the way the picture showed, so here's the link to the spawner's Wiki page and the current GUI.
https://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php? ... on_Spawner
https://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/images/f/fd/SpawnerGUI.png

Here are some ideas I had that could be added or changed in a spawner overhaul:
- Time of Day: Currently, the spawner does not account for the time of day, and I'd rather not have Gastly spawning in the middle of the day.
- Weather: The spawner also does not account for the weather, and I think being able to spawn, for example, electric types during thunderstorms would be neat.
- Customizing Spawning Attributes per Pokemon: Being able to program the different spawning attributes, such as level, aggression, and the ideas listed above, would really streamline the process for people trying to use spawners in their worlds.
- The Enter key: This one is a bit unrelated to the rest of my suggestion, but I think it fits and would be very helpful. Please disable using the Enter key to exit the spawner GUI. I'm getting tired of hitting Enter to add a Pokemon to the list and having the game kick me out of the spawner.

Here's a simple scenario I came up with that would illustrate how much impact these improvements could make.

Let's say that I'm designing a path through a forest. I want to make my spawner spawn Abra at 10% rarity during the daytime. At nighttime, I want to decrease Abra's spawn rate to 5% and add Poochyena to the list at 20% rarity. Now I decide I want to have Kadabra spawn at 2% rarity but at a slightly higher level than the rest of the Pokemon.

If I were to try and implement this system using the current spawner block, it would take three spawners. The spawners would also need to be activated at different times to account for the time of day, which would require command block redstone clocks or daylight sensors. As a map maker, I would like to be able to hide the system from the sight of the players. In contrast, if all the features listed above were added to the mod, I would only need one spawner block and no extra redstone or daylight sensors. This is much easier for me to set up and hide from the players.

I know this suggestion won't mean much to a large majority of Pixelmon's playerbase, but I think that Pixelmon Spawners are in desperate need of an update.

By Jay113355
#205142 A lot of what you're asking to do can be done with the regular spawning system instead.

Start here: https://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php? ... er_Spawner

You can focus spawns to areas just like spawners, only without the blocks, and the spawning files take into account almost everything you mentioned here. time, weather, per pokemon attributes. etc.
By Saw725
#205145 Cool, thanks!

I hadn't messed around with the spawning files before because I didn't think they would let me set specific coordinates, but they will. This will work wonders once I can figure out how not to automatically use C++ syntax.
JOIN THE TEAM