By Bradams
#205385 I just always found the fights in game to be slightly boring. Would it be possible, at least for trainer battles, to have some sort of panning or variations of shots and even music to make it more captivating

By Mach
#205390 Yes, I like this. I think the shots are already implemented and can be messed with in the config (if i'm not very much mistaken) But I think emotes could be cool to spice up battles. (Being able to set personal animations for when you throw a pokeball, knock out a pokemon, have a pokemon knocked out, and win/lose would all be really cool.)
By SKyTheThunder
#205396 I'm not sure you two are talking about the same thing.

@Bradams:
We're always looking for individuals who could provide a new soundtrack. Battle music was planned before the original shut down, but with ZeeCount leaving that went on hold.
As for a dynamic battle camera: The camera has always been a bit iffy due to the random terrain the battles are in. Pre-set camera pans like in the latest Pokémon games are hard to make look at least decent in every situation. The manual camera control was implemented as a way for players to find an angle that works for their position.

@Mach:
Actual model animations aren't something we can currently start with. That would require some 4000 additional animations even if we just wanted to implement physical/special/faint animations. Our modeling/animation team is sadly very small and already has their hands more than full with Gen 8, remodels and missing animations.
By Vis
#205473 Yeah, to do the animations for each Pokemon would take a long time and a lot of work. What I would really like to see is better particle effects for all the moves. All moves except for maybe fire type moves and some water moves like 'Bubblebeam' use the same crappy soft circle like particle, just in different colors. I'm sure it can't be that hard to add in some custom particle sprites for moves. I have seen Minecraft videos with some really cool particle animations so I'm sure for this mod they can be greatly improved. Also some moves like fire and electric type moves should give off light when used. They don't unless you use a fire move to light something on fire then the fire gives off light, but the move it self doesn't.
JOIN THE TEAM