By Spekkio
#205547 Firstly, apologies if this has already been suggested, but I can't see any search box on the suggestions forum (but I CAN see search boxes on the Trackers)
(Edit: the search box appeared. It wasn't there before I posted this, even though I was logged in. That's weird.)

I would greatly appreciate the ability to forfeit trainer battles. I have several points in support of this.

- Fighting scaling trainers repeatedly is the best method I have for training, but as they are non-repeatable battles, I have to lose each time.
- If I don't want to win a battle, I can deliberately throw it, but this can be extremely slow
- There are alternative options like /endbattle, disconnecting, or exiting minecraft: but the command is often unavailable to normal players, the battle screen prevents opening the main menu to disconnect, and quitting the entire game to halt one battle is time-consuming. Leaving the game by any means is also possibly detrimental if a local wild pokemon will despawn - what if a legendary appeared right when I took my shot at the gym leader?
- I think I could set up some contraption that will kill me after a predetermined length of time and end the battle that way if I'm training, but other people might find this morbid
- Sometimes gym trainers will engage you when you didn't intend to meet them at all, and you just want to cut your losses and get away rather than deal with a full loss. I have one tough guy in a steel gym who wants to battle me and I can't see where he's actually located at all.

By SKyTheThunder
#205553 You are not intended to abuse forfeiting to train and it isn't a feature in the original games, so I doubt this will happen. Servers may set up exp farm with repeatable trainers, but that is up to them.
By Spekkio
#205556 I only have to forfeit because trainers aren't repeatable in any form in pixelmon, but there absolutely are repeatable trainers in the normal games - the Elite Four comes to mind. They're extremely valuable for training up large numbers of weak pokemon to fill your dex, which is what I'm doing now.
JOIN THE TEAM