By L0ST5ILVER
#207585 Hi. A feature I think is really necessary for certain players is the ability to export and import Pokémon into boxes.
Here's how it would work and the purposes for doing so:
(TL;DR below)

In the PC, if you are an operator, will have an option inside the PC which would appear while renaming a box, to "import/export" pokémon into or out of that box, it would do so in Smogon format (the NPC battle system uses this already, so it will be consistent with that), and doing so will pop up a box with all the information of the pokémon in the box where you could add pokémon, copy, paste, or replace whatever you want using traditional Copy/Paste mechanics. The reason I suggest it only to appear during renaming a box is to perhaps lessen any temptations a player might have, it also keeps the UI cleaner. An alternative would be to have a Keybind assigned to pop up the copy/paste box.

• The purpose of a feature like this is sufficient, In my time I've gone through quite a few Pixelmon worlds, and I've spent a nice chunk of time in plenty of them, and I want to start a new world afresh when the new update comes out where I have all my old pokémon in one save.
    Another purpose for doing this would be if you wanted to physically move your Pokémon from Pixelmon to the real games as many Pokémon Save Editors allow pasting Pokémon in I believe.
    It also helps if you wanted to use your team on Pokémon showdown, or else just show friends your team or the pokémon you have in your box.
    This feature overall would be far easier than any sort of NBT viewing/editing as it uses easily understandable text.

• Now with this suggestion comes a small problem, the default boxes a player gets is limited to 16 unless he/she edits this amount manually in the config. So that means if you were like me, and pasting many pokémon in from many different saves, that could quickly eat up your boxes, Personally I think this default of 16 boxes should be increased (for QoL, as there isn't even enough boxes for one of each type, which is mildly infuriating when you have to go into the config just to change this), but also, new boxes should be added as the current boxes are filled up, say if the last 2 boxes are more than 50% full, a new box will be added for every subsequent box filled, needless to say these extra boxes would be permanent and would not vanish if you just emptied your boxes, I think it's better like this. In the main games, I believe new boxes are added after you beat the elite four, but as there is no such thing at the time of this post, that isn't possible, so I think this alternative will suffice.

• Some extra notes:
    As stated above you must be OP to use the import part of this feature, but I think anyone should be allowed to export their team, regardless of the medium, be it server or singleplayer.
    If you try to import more Pokémon than the box can take, it would either simply move these pokémon to the next subsequent box, or simply give the player an error that the box had reached its maximum, whichever is easier for the developers.

TL;DR: Add the ability to export/import pokémon from boxes in text, and add new boxes when other boxes are full.

Thanks for reading my post, I hope this, in my opinion, important feature is considered for Pixelmon.
-L0ST

JOIN THE TEAM