By ItsaGlitch1
#209087 With the new trailer and information for Pokemon Legends Arceus, there is a new crafting system where you can craft items from pokeballs to healing items too.

I want to suggest a remake of the current crafting recipes to the new items that will be introduced in the Legends Arceus game when it comes out.
This could include some new items like the different Tumblestones for crafting pokeballs, and other new items that are using for crafting in the Legends Arceus game.

Just something to think about when the game comes out and how you would implement it into the next update or something.

Here are some screenshots that Game Freak provided earlier:

By SKyTheThunder
#209090 We may draw some inspiration from it, but I doubt we'll throw our established system out of the window completely for it.

The Pokéballs for example are still made from Apricorns, but the mechanic the current system is based on (Johto's colored Apricorns) is canonically newer, so it makes sense to stick with that. I could maybe see alternate recipes for "historical" Ball versions that take two of the same Lid instead of a metal Base though.

For other items we'll have to see what makes most sense both in context of existing mechanics and game balance.
By proclarushtaonasat
#209194 I like the idea of combining the crafting systems. The old pixelmon system was ok, but i feel like it was too focused on apricorns, since all balls were just different color combinations, so the weakest and the strongest balls were all just a base, a button and three apricorns. And since you can make apricorn farms, and get infinite of every color, noone would ever have to use any balls other than ultraballs, since they have the best catch rate across the board, and inventory is limited.

So id suggest to use the colored apricorns for the 7 ball types from the second gen, with the metal base, and button.

using any apricorn with a tumble stone makes a budget old timey pokeball

for other types, id make completely new recipes for the discs (keeping the metal base and button crafting recipe)
like using red dye on an iron or aluminum disc would make a red pokeball disc, adding lapis to that, upgrades it to a great ball disc, and maybe blazerods upgrade that further to ultraball discs.

prismarine shards could be used to craft dive ball discs, using gold could give luxury ball discs, spiderwebs could be an ingredient for net ball discs. timer ball discs could require minecraft clocks.

also of note is that the new "heavy ball" is different from the heavy ball we know, the modern heavy ball made from black apricorns is called heavy, cause it works best on heavy pokemon, but the old timey heavy ball is called "heavy" cause the ball itself is heavier, and only seems to have a heightened catch rate when used outside of battle.
JOIN THE TEAM