Lost Cities Compatibility Side Mod?

50%
N/A
50%
By beestocks
#209516 Imagine being able to make worlds with randomly generated pokemon themed villages and cities.

Lost Cities is very configurable and that would be perfect for pixelmon, because it would allow pixelmon to expand in the one department it's lacking... which is structures.

Lost cities and pixelmon aren't a very great combo right now. But could be amazing if the cities generated had a pixelmon profile or something, allowing users to make a world with villages or cities themed like pokemon randomly throughout the world.

This would be a game changer for the level of immersion in solo worlds.

By beestocks
#209554 So, I figured out how to edit the cities in Lost Cities, and all you need to do is to add json files to the Lost Cities config folder. Then, list the json file(s) locations in a general.cfg file, which is also in the lost cities config. So, adding compatibility between Pixelmon and lost cities might not require a side mod, since all that's needed is to add some files to the Lost Cities config folder and tell the general.cfg in there to read them.

Right now I'm working on making different lost city profiles themed after each generation in the pokemon games. For example, I'm almost done making a bunch of buildings themed after Kanto from the gen 3 games, and gen 1 games; I'll post some pics when I'm done with these gens. (Also lost cities already has compatibility with chisel, so I'm making buildings that can work with chisel and vanilla minecraft)
By beestocks
#209632 Here are the pokecenters, pokemarts, and houses that I made, with interiors that are as identical to the originals as possible. I'm still working on mapping each layer into the json files, but once I'm done with that I'll post a pic of the randomly generated cities with pokemarts, pokecenters, and random pokemon houses and buildings based on each generation.
Attachments
2021-10-13_22.03.25.png
Pokecenters and Pokemarts Gens 1,3,4
2021-10-13_16.11.28.png
HeartGold/SoulSilver Pokecenter Interior
2021-10-13_16.08.23.png
LeafGreen/FireRed Pokecenter Interior
2021-10-16_13.22.40.png
Kanto Gen 3 Houses
2021-10-19_19.43.04.png
Kanto Gen 3 Houses
JOIN THE TEAM