By PokeWillpower
#209535 Based on feedback from numerous other server owners in the Discord, I figured this would be a feature that a majority of the userbase could appreciate.

A simple dropdown in the trainer creation screen that enables Pixelmon to run other music using its method; while there are currently some "workarounds" that somewhat manage to achieve custom music using /playsound and /stopsound for the default music, they are usually unreliable, have a plethora of issues such as not looping or playing over other music, or the volume being either way too loud or too quiet.

This solution would fix all of those and provide a nice and clean alternative for map makers. Given that the quest system is coming along nicely, it could also give way to custom "boss trainer" music for the survival experience. Everyone benefits.

--------

As a bonus, I'd also like to suggest a method of custom wild battle music implementation. It would be great if in the hocon we could specify specific wild battle music based on Pokemon generation or legendary/mythical status or perhaps on a per-species basis.

All in all, battle music was a great addition-- but many of the creators desire a more personalized experience that simply can't be done if the same music is used for every trainer or every wild Pokemon; and as a result, it ended up being more of a pain to circumvent than anything.

Please take this into consideration as I feel this would be a generally easy addition; even some breadcrumbs in the API would help alleviate the aforementioned issue. ;-)
Attachments
music dropdown.PNG

JOIN THE TEAM