By luigicube2401
#209538 I think a very cool idea would be to add hats and outfits, in the way that you maybe can get a party hat and give it to a Wurmple, although I don't know if it would be very hard to implement. I think also adding some skins obtainable by giving Pokemon clothes could also work; and even if it's just cosmetic I'm sure a lot of people would find enjoyment on it!

By SKyTheThunder
#209540 The issue with outfits on Pokémon is that they require additional models and their respective animations. That would mean we'd have to add some 1000 new models for each item if we wanted to apply them to every Pokémon.

I don't think we'll see global Pokémon cosmetics any time soon - more limited Special Textures similar to the existing ones are more likely.
By AydenAc
#209542 Could do it with a default position and scale for each Pokemon, wouldn't work for things like clothes but it would work for ribbons or badges. Probably wasted time, but if you wanted to add more cosmetics that'd be a fun gameplay oriented way to do it
By SKyTheThunder
#209543 Unless you mean purely as a texture overlay, that would still require some 2000-3000 new animations each to line them up with the Pokémons' animations (idle, walking, swimming, flying).
By AydenAc
#209548 For things like ribbons or badges, they could lock onto one position for the Pokemon, they don't need to wrap onto the Pokemon's entire head or torso like clothing. I don't know how the models used for Pixelmon work, but for regular Blender models that wouldn't be too difficult of a task, either way there's probably better things to spend the time on
By luigicube2401
SKy2008 wrote:The issue with outfits on Pokémon is that they require additional models and their respective animations. That would mean we'd have to add some 1000 new models for each item if we wanted to apply them to every Pokémon.

I don't think we'll see global Pokémon cosmetics any time soon - more limited Special Textures similar to the existing ones are more likely.

Oh well, that's what I thought. At least I hope someday we get party hat wurmple and some costumes from Pokemon Go!
JOIN THE TEAM