By TheSeptenary
#210448 Pokemon in ranches are just statues atm and it's incredibly depressing to see. I seem to remember this not being the case in the past, but before i get yelled at about the rules about asking to bring back an old mechanic, Instead of just "bringing it back", i suggest instead to add an option in the config which toggles this. It can be turned off by default if it's known to cause issues for whatever reason. Then for us adventurous lot who want this, then the option would be there.

By SKyTheThunder
#210452 The way it was done in the past was very rudimentary and from what I've heard was removed since it had certain issues. Not sure about the details.

"Making the Pokémon move" would mean writing an AI for them that keeps them active enough to look alive but keep them inside the Ranch Block's (variable) limits - preferably without causing effects like invisible walls or rubberbanding. That would require more work than it may at first appear.

Additionally, features that affect a larger part of the game (improved/new gameplay mechanics, version ports, tuning of core aspects) usually have a higher priority than what is in essence a purely cosmetic feature for a single game mechanic. It would be nice to have, but short of one of the devs being especially passionate about implementing something like that, I don't see it happening too soon.
By MrYeet123
#210503 I imagine a way it could be done is to have it as a configuration setting that would give the pokemon normal A.I, but the ranch block would have another ring of spaces around the 9x9 area that would act as an invisable fence that only the pokemon in the ranch perceive as there.
JOIN THE TEAM