By Humminawooga
#210501 In general, Pokémon Transformations both inside and out of battle I believe could be made flashier and cooler to witness when you activate them.

First, only normal and shiny Pokémon affect the texture of their form change (except eiscue), which sucks, because I really want to see what a pink Mega-Beedrill would look like. Or a Mega-Zombie Gyrados. Just adding textures for alt-Pokémon transformations would b enough to make me happy, personally.

Second, the main thing I would like to see (dunno if its possible) is if the transformation animations for Pokemon during and outside of battle could have more pizzazz and uhmph to them. Currently, having them flash white with an explosion sound and then having their model replaced with their alternate form is okay. It get's the job done. However, for each type of transformation, there could be something better to make the transformations feel impactful. Such as:

Megas/Primals: A crystal forms around the Mon' with crystal particle affects shooting out in rings, then once the model is swapped out the crystal is smashed open with a bunch of broken glass shooting away. The crystals could look like how they did in gens 6 and 7.

Wishiwashi/Zygarde collectives: A tornado(?) of colored objects swirls around the Mon', then once the model is swapped out they blast away from the creature.

Eiscue could have its ice head be broken like how an ice block is broken, and when its ice is grown back a bunch of ice particles could surround it and then dissapear when the head is back.

And after these transformations a little animation in played out along with the transformed Pokémon's cry.

Of course these are all my visions and I have zero idea if these are possible due to factors I have no clue about. I dunno, Pokémon transformations just feel like a slowly deflating balloon right now and I would like it if they were updated.

By SKyTheThunder
#210515 We tried applying special textures to temporary forms like Megas before. But the way the form code is set up currently lead to some issues, so it was reverted. Re-adding it would likely require either an overhaul of the mechanic or complicated workaround to make it function reliably. That much work for a cosmetic feature for temporary forms is not something that has the highest priority at the moment, even if it would be nice to have.

Regarding transformation animations, I could see our move animation feature being co-opted for that maybe.
By Hylia
#210530 I love all of these ideas. Especially alternate textures for form changes. I know the dev said it's not a high priority and pretty difficult, but if there's ever a period where there aren't many pressing things that need to be done, I would truly love to see it.
JOIN THE TEAM