By wujichen158
#210575 Honey system that is introduced in D/P/Pt & BD/SP seems have good compatibility with Bee system in vanilla mc 1.16.

My opinion is to add following features to our mod:
==========================================
① Forbid vanilla bees to spawn.
② Spawn a random amount of Combees inside wild nests. Rarely, one Vespiquen may spawn inside the wild bee nests. Might need some spawn conditions, too.
③ Give beehives and bee nests a GUI to help players see what are indide.
④ If a GUI is introduced, u can also let nests become a special ranch which can only breeding Combees.
⑤ Once players want to get some honey via scissors from nests or beehives without campfire under them, the Combee and Vespiquen would get out of the bee nests and try to battle with players.
⑥ Introduce a way to transfer vanilla honey bottle/comb to Honey item in pokemon. Also add some usage of Honey(pokemon) like attracting pixelmons in ⑦
⑦ Other pixelmons related to bee nests like Beedrill and Forretress would be spawned sometimes if the bee nests are filled with some amount of honey. It seems to be unnecessary to introduce a new kind of tree which have similar function to Honey Tree in pokemon D/P, so let bee nests have this functions is ok.
⑧ It couldn't be better if wild Combees can extend the AI of vanilla Bees.

Of course most of these suggestions are optional, and the implementation of codes seems to be quite tough. Ur guys could think about adding them.
Have seen Mr. SkyTheThunder's comments in https://pixelmonmod.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=29103&p=208860 , so hope this system will be interesting :-)

By SKyTheThunder
#210578 The spawning part should be rather easy. We already have a spawn condition for "nearbyBlock", which can be used to make spawn sets that only apply when there is Honey placed nearby. Said Honey could be applied to any Log block and would decay and vanish after some time.

Crafting Vanilla honey into Pixelmon Honey could maybe be done using a Pokémon that knows Sweet Scent? It is already a move that has a mechanic to attract wild Pokémon, so using it to make "Scented Honey" might make for good consistency. Something like right-clicking a bottle of honey on a Pokémon with Sweet Scent reduces the move's PP (if it needs balancing could use up to 5 per honey?) and turns the item into Scented Honey.

For nest mechanics I can't say much because I don't know the coding side. Would be a waste to not use bee nests and beehives, but I'm not sure how that works with mob spawning... Since bees are generated with a block that may need a force replace, like how every Vanilla villager automatically turns into a Town NPC.
Simplest version of that mechanic might be to just make a spawn set for Combee if a nest/hive is nearby and have them drop honey bottles and combs when defeated. But something more complex would be nice.
By wujichen158
#210613 Both spawning and honey collecting part sounds good. Honey can be worth getting many times via these ways, and it's easy for players to operate if using a bottle of honey could active pixelmons' Sweet Scent.

For nests part, if vanilla villagers converting mechanics can be used to nests, things will be easy. But as u said, there're many differences between them. So coding could be tough if we completely override most things about vanilla nests & beehives. As a result, the decision of GUI part I mentioned could be deferred. But I'd like to enjoy mechanics beyond battle drops. We players like interesting things, too. Thx for ur reply :)
JOIN THE TEAM