By Tahlavos17
#210658 Hello,

I was playing on a public server when this idea dawned on me why not have a option within the config file for Pixelmon that can be enabled to allow multiple players join up together to take on a Mega Boss Pokemon. I see it to where if the player(s) get the same rewards for defeating said Mega Boss. The only thing that would be difficult would be the Key Stone if one player already has it unlocked the other player would possibly get one, but that is difficult to determine at this point. I see it as a way for players who are just playing with their friends on a server to share in the excitement for getting their Key Stones at the same time.

I know something like this could be bad for all servers which is why I'm suggesting it as a config option instead of a hard include for all players. This idea would help those who are struggling against higher tiers of Mega Boss Pokemon when they don't have anything to counter the said Mega Boss Pokemon at that stage, plus it could make the players that participate in the battle possibly become good friends with each other if the option is enabled on a public server.

This is one of those ideas that could be used to balance out both public and private servers. This idea could also be used towards other items down the road. I would really love to hear what your thoughts are on this topic. Leave your thoughts down below

By proclarushtaonasat
#210695 I like the idea of multiple players fighting together. After all, minecraft is a multiplayer game, but pokemon is a single player rpg. pixelmon tries to bring the two together, but currently it feels like multiple single player games, that just happen to be in the same world.
Not just boss battles, but even regular ones. the regular games have double and tripple battles and horde encounters, as well as instances of wild pokemon calling for help. it would make sense, if players could also jump into already ongoing battles to support others.
however, i´d limit the drops of mega stones to one per battle, as otherwise it would be too simple to farm them. exp should also be split between the players.
it could also be possible, that if two pokemon battles happen in close proximity, that the two would merge into a double battle.
By Tahlavos17
proclarushtaonasat wrote:I like the idea of multiple players fighting together. After all, minecraft is a multiplayer game, but pokemon is a single player rpg. pixelmon tries to bring the two together, but currently it feels like multiple single player games, that just happen to be in the same world.
Not just boss battles, but even regular ones. the regular games have double and tripple battles and horde encounters, as well as instances of wild pokemon calling for help. it would make sense, if players could also jump into already ongoing battles to support others.
however, i´d limit the drops of mega stones to one per battle, as otherwise it would be too simple to farm them. exp should also be split between the players.
it could also be possible, that if two pokemon battles happen in close proximity, that the two would merge into a double battle.

Ok I understand where your coming from. I also know that my idea is a bit out there for most people, but that is why I put the idea as a config option since I know that the Pixelmon Team wants to recreate some of the features of the Mainline Pokemon franchise. As for your views of the Mega Stones I see your point but if one person was to get a Mega Stone and the other didn't it would feel like the person who didn't get the Mega Stone would have been robbed of a stone regardless of the out come, and that is why I was hoping for the rewards to be the same for both players.

I kind of want this idea to be fair to the players who want to enjoy this option to feel like they both won the encounter just like the Max Raid Dens in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
By proclarushtaonasat
#210719 well, theyd still be getting a share of the exp. plus if the players work together, they can defeat multiple bosses to farm stones. also if they have different pokemon, only one of them might have use for each particular stone.
JOIN THE TEAM