By Denshin
#210936 The PC in Pixelmon is quite basic, outdated even. I figured I would compile a list of useful QoL features that could be added to it, seperated in two broad categories:

Organization and Display:

- Addition of an interface to "zoom out", display all PC Boxes at once. If not detailed, at least their filled%, name, wallpaper/color.

- Addition of the ability to move/swap boxes in said interface. Pixelmon already uses its own set of hotkeys for the PC interface (W, R, S). A "move" hotkey could be added in the same manner. You press said hotkey, cursor turns orange, the next box you select is "picked up", the next box you click gets swapped. Exactly like the way Pokemon are treated in a box, except in this case the Pokemon is a box, and the Box is the sum of your Boxes.

- Similar to the above, the ability to move multiple Pokemon at once. Same implementation, mimicing Gen 3's mass-move tool. Hotkey -> mode enabled -> first click is start, next click is end of chosen area.

- Sort function. Sort hotkey would bring up a list of ways to sort. Examples would be Gender, Type, Size, etc.

- Jump to a specific box number (instead of needing to spam click the arrows). Perhaps by pressing B (for box), typing the number and pressing Enter. - Edited in by SirDoof's comment. To add to this, being able to mark a Box as favourite would be cool, allowing for faster movement.

PC Search:

- Make space an actual character. This is more of a bug report I'd assume, but, right now, "X" and "X Y" are the exact same searches. Space voids anything after it.

- Make complicated searches possible:
    - A character for logical OR (|, ||) to display both search results.
    - Addition of shininess, types and egggroups as keywords. This could be expanded further to include moves, abilities, held items, forms, size, etc, possibly with the use of special characters (similar to Google searches - "tackle" would search for the string "tackle", ":tackle" would search for Pokemon knowing the move. Reaching, I know, but might aswell mention it). This would work more like a filter than a search

EDIT: I've since been notified of the built-in spec search system. While it's there, I still feel it could use improving, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

By SirDoof
#210983 One more thing that could be added is a way to jump to a specific box number (instead of needing to spam click the arrows). Perhaps by pressing B (for box), typing the number and pressing Enter.
JOIN THE TEAM