By 9Tales
#211338 I think the Player should be able to eat the curry ingredients sold by the curry shopkeeper. Many of them such as Toast, Pasta, Instant Noodles, Salad, Fried Food, Bach's Tin, Packaged Curry, Smoke-Poke tail, Bob's Tin, and Precooked Burgers sound like actual meals themselves, while others such as Moomoo Cheese, Sausages, Tin of Beans, Fruit Bunch, Coconut Milk, Pack of Potatoes, Mixed Mushrooms, Fresh Cream, Large Leek, Fancy Apple, Pungent Root, and Boiled Egg still sound like things the player should be able to eat. Honestly, everything except Brittle Bones sounds edible, though who knows how Gigantamix and Spice Mix taste on their own.

I played Pixelmon before playing my Pokemon Sword game, and there was no indication in-game that the curry shopkeeper was selling curry ingredients. So I naturally assumed that a shopkeeper telling me that they have a "stunning selection of food items for you today" was selling me food to restore my hunger bars. I bought one Toast and tried to eat it when I was low on hunger, only to find that I couldn't. To make this worse, in the future Gen 8 will no longer be the current generation, and some future players of Pixelmon will have never played Pokemon Sword and Shield, and therefore they may have never heard of or used the curry mechanic before. They will likely assume, like I did, that a shopkeeper telling them that they sell food is actually selling food.

Therefore, curry ingredients should be given food stats so the player can eat them. Or if not, the dialogue of the curry shopkeeper should be changed to make it clear that these are curry ingredients and not actual food. Personally, I think the curry ingredients should be made edible by players because they look like something players would be able to eat (why can't I eat Toast, Pasta, Precooked Burgers, or Sausages?).

There are many ways to decide how much hunger, saturation, or both these curry ingredients restore. One way is to make the curry ingredients that sound like actual meals restore a lot, the curry ingredients that sound like snacks restore less, and the items that sound like condiments or spices restore only a teeny bit. Another way is to make the amount of hunger/saturation restored dependent on how many quality points these items give, so items like Toast, Pasta, Fried Food, Instant Noodles, and Precooked Burger restore very little and items like Smoke-Poke Tail, Large Leek, Fancy Apple, Boiled Egg, Fruit Bunch, and Moomoo Cheese restore a lot.

Personally, I vote that the amount of hunger that the curry ingredients restore should be dependent on whether they are condiments, snacks, or actual meals, whereas the amount of saturation that the curry ingredients restore should be determined by the amount of quality points that these items give. It makes the most sense.

I would also suggest that curry be edible, but that was already suggested nearly two years ago.

JOIN THE TEAM