By dhi2awesome
#211455 With 9.0.0, there's a couple of blocks which can be waterlogged. Which, it's the first 1.16 version, makes sense.
But it'd be great if this was expanded.
In the 9.0.1 Change log, there's mention of adding it to the temple pillars, so that proves the potential for this suggestion is there. So, I'm gonna group these into three categories, and go through a list.

Placeable Underwater, but Doesn't Waterlog
  • Trash Can (pixelmon:trash_can)
  • Boulder (pixelmon:boulder)
  • Ice Rock (pixelmon:ice_rock)
  • Moss Rock (pixelmon:moss_rock)
  • Arc Chalice (pixelmon:arc_chalice)
  • Warp Plate (pixelmon:warp_plate)
  • Movement Plate (pixelmon:movement_plate)
  • Stick Plate (pixelmon:stick_plate)
The reasons for these are varied, but mainly the idea is to allow for sunken builds, such as shipwrecks or Atlantis-like areas, or just to decorate more underwater (mainly the three rocks for that one).

Not Placeable Underwater
A bunch of blocks just can't be placed underwater, not sure what prevents it as they don't all break from water, but I feel they should be able to be, and be waterlogged.

Ones I Feel 100% Should
  • Galarica Cuff (pixelmon:galarica_cuff)
  • Relic Band (pixelmon:relic_band)
  • Relic Crown (pixelmon:relic_crown)
  • Relic Statue (pixelmon:relic_statue)
  • Relic Vase (pixelmon:relic_vase)
  • Blue Orb (pixelmon:blue_orb)
  • Red Orb (pixelmon:red_orb)
  • Tree (pixelmon:tree)
  • Picket Fence (pixelmon:picket_fence)
  • Gym Sign (pixelmon:gym_sign)
  • Clothed Table (pixelmon:clothed_table)
  • End Table (pixelmon:end_table)
  • Box (pixelmon:box)
  • Mug (pixelmon:mug_base)
  • Pika Mug (pixelmon:mug_pika)
  • Poké Ball Mug (pixelmon:mug_ball)
  • Ranch Block (pixelmon:ranch)
  • Poké Chest (pixelmon:poke_chest)
  • Ultra Chest (pixelmon:ultra_chest)
  • Master Chest (pixelmon:master_chest)
  • Beast Chest (pixelmon:beast_chest)
  • Poké Gift (pixelmon:poke_gift)
All of this section are blocks I feel have a logical reason to be placeable in water. Picket Fence is parity with vanilla. Relic items in B/W are found underwater. Pokéloot in the games can be found underwater.
Some are a bit more complicated in thought, such as the tables, box, and mugs leaning back into the shipwreck builds idea, and trees is more going into the idea of flooding. Gym Signs I think would just be neat underwater, having a gym partially submerged for the aesthetic. Similarly, ranches with the core in the water could look quite nice for water-type Pokémon. The Red and Blue orbs are just because Kyogre can be found underwater, and parity sounds nice for Groudon.

Ones Which Make Less Sense
  • Healer (pixelmon:healer)
  • PC (pixelmon:pc)
  • Trade Machine (pixelmon:trade_machine)
  • Fossil Cleaner (pixelmon:fossil_cleaner)
  • Fossil Machine (pixelmon:fossil_machine)
  • Fossil Display (pixelmon:fossil_display)
  • Cloning Machine (pixelmon:cloning_machine)
  • Street Light (pixelmon:street_light)
  • Benches (pixelmon:bench, pixelmon:birch_bench, pixelmon:acacia_bench, pixelmon:jungle_bench, pixelmon:spruce_bench, pixelmon:dark_oak_bench, Potentially Others)
  • Fridge (pixelmon:fridge)
  • Cash Register (pixelmon:cash_register)
  • Light Workplace (pixelmon:lightworkplace)
  • Dark Workplace (pixelmon:darkworkplace)
  • Old TV (pixelmon:tv)
  • Small TV (pixelmon:tv2)
  • Big TV (pixelmon:tv3)
  • Fan (pixelmon:fan)
  • Mower (pixelmon:mower)
  • Washing Machine (pixelmon:washing_machine)
  • Infuser (pixelmon:infuser)
  • Cooking Pot (pixelmon:cooking_pot)
  • Reassembly Unit (pixelmon:reassembly_unit)
  • All of the coloured furniture (Cushion Chair, Folding Chair, Arm Chair, Couch, Clock, Umbrella, Vending Machine, Chair, possibly Rug, and even more possibly the Water Floats)
All of these are related to the concept of sunken/flooded builds, not all of them make sense, and I know I left off 5 shrines, two bells, and two scrolls, this is because I was undecided.
But, I know why some of these, such as cloning and trade machines, may never get waterlogging. Blocks with more complicated hitboxes like these can be very difficult to get waterlogging to function correctly with. But, I felt it made sense to include them regardless.

Even if none of these are to get waterlogging, I would be happy with just the first two sections, and I am glad the vanilla-likes added by 9.0.0 do already have waterlogging where appropriate.

Thank you for your time reading and considering.

By TonySax
#211490 I appreciate the thought that went into this, because I love small quality-of-life changes like these. Agree with pretty much everything here, though I think it would be fun it the Red Orb behaved like a sponge.
Last bumped by dhi2awesome on 02 Jun 2022 20:32.
JOIN THE TEAM