By 9Tales
#211530 When the Pixelmon Modpack updated to 1.16.5, it received 4 new vanilla Nether biomes and 12 Nether biomes from BYG, all quite different from each other. You'd expect that they have quite different spawns from each other. However, whenever I explore the enlivened Nether, I can't help but notice that all 16 of these new Nether biomes have the exact same spawns as Nether Wastes. Each biome is in the single "Nether" Better Spawner category and nothing else. To make things worse, only about 15 evolution lines are in this category. The Nether suffers from a terrible lack of Pokemon.

I have come up with five new Better Spawner categories: Nether Mushroom, Nether Woodlands, Nether Rocks, Nether Deserts, and Freezing Nether. I put all the vanilla, BYG, and BoP biomes into one of the five new categories except for Nether Wastes, Brimstone Caverns, Wailing Garth, Crystalline Caverns, and Visceral Heap, who were all left in the default Nether category (though I think Wailing Garth should also be in Evil). I have also come up with a sample list of Pokemon that can be found in these categories.

Having six spawning categories in the Nether rather than one will make the Nether a lot more fun to explore. It gives the biomes variety, uniqueness, and purpose. Players have a reason to explore this dimension and seek the biomes. It also helps fix the fact that so few Pokemon spawn in this dimension. These proposed spawns will drastically increase the Pokemon diversity in the Nether.

Below are details on the set of six Biome Spawner categories that I feel should be included.

"Nether" Biomes and Spawns -- Click to See Details | Show
While most biomes fit the new categories, not all of them did. That's why the default Nether category should remain as a place for "miscellaneous" Nether biomes. It also doesn't hurt to keep the old Nether category because that means we have an extra category, which provides some variation. Nether Wastes was also kept here.

However, I will still suggest spawnset changes. For example, I removed the Impidimp line because it fits Nether Mushroom better, I removed some Legendaries to give them to other biomes, and I added and removed some other Pokemon.

Biomes:
  • Nether Wastes (Vanilla)
  • Brimstone Caverns (BYG)
  • Wailing Garth (BYG) (also should be put in Evil)
  • Crystalline Caverns (BoP) (could also see Magical for this one)
  • Visceral Heap (BoP)

Pokemon:
  • Gastly line
  • Duskull line
  • Yamask lines
  • Sableye
  • Houndour line
  • Slugma line
  • Torkoal
  • Pawniard line
  • Salandit line
  • Magby line
  • Turtonator
  • Sizzlipede line
  • Ekans line
  • Seviper
  • Camerupt (not Numel though)
  • Charcadet family
  • Fuecoco line
  • Flutter Mane (added to every Nether category)
  • Scream Tail (added to every Nether category)

Possible Legendaries:
  • Koraidon
  • Heatran (lava)
  • Chi-Yu (lava)

"Nether Mushroom" Biomes and Spawns -- Click to See Details | Show
I find most forests in the Nether can be divided into two categories: forests of mushrooms and forests of trees. Nether Mushroom is a category for biomes that look like forests of large mushrooms rather than forests of trees. This category mainly adds Bug-types, Grass-types, Fairy-types, and Poison-types, as well as a few Psychic-types as the categories I had were quite lacking when it comes to Psychic-type Pokemon.

The Impidimp line should be moved here from the Nether category due to how this line spawned in a dark, fungal forest in Pokemon Sword/Shield and the Tepig line is here because hoglins spawn in Crimson Forest.

Biomes:
  • Crimson Forest (Vanilla)
  • Warped Forest (Vanilla)
  • Crimson Gardens (BYG)
  • Glowstone Gardens (BYG)
  • Sythian Torrids (BYG)
  • Embur Bog (BYG)

Pokemon:
  • Gastly line (also here)
  • Ekans line (also here)
  • Salandit line (also here)
  • Slugma line (also here)
  • Sableye (also here)
  • Magby line (also here)
  • Flutter Mane (every Nether biome)
  • Scream Tail (every Nether biome)
  • Impidimp line (moved from Nether category)
  • Tepig line
  • Stunky line
  • Skorupi line
  • Seviper
  • Paras line
  • Foongus line
  • Cutiefly line
  • Spinarak line
  • Nincada and Shedinja
  • Morpeko
  • Misdreavus line
  • Mimikyu
  • Oddish line (but not Bellossom)
  • Indeedee
  • Koffing line
  • Munna line
  • Blipbug line
  • Fuecoco line
  • Shroodle line
  • Glimmet line
  • Capsakid line
  • Toedscool line
  • Tinkatuff and Tinkaton
  • Brute Bonnet (either Nether Mushroom or just Warped Forest)

Possible Legendaries:
  • Yveltal
  • Shaymin (maybe not, but not many good legendaries for this biome)
  • Chi-Yu (lava)

"Nether Woodlands" Biomes and Spawns -- Click to See Details | Show
I found almost all forests in the Nether can be divided between forests of mushrooms and forests of trees. This category is for forests of trees. I put a lot more Fire-types and Dark-types in this category than I did in Nether Mushroom, and the Pokemon that I put here tend to be ones that I felt belonged more in an actual woodland rather than a place of fungus. I mainly thought of Withering Woods when coming up with these spawns, though I found they look great in Weeping Mire too.

Biomes:
  • Weeping Mire (BYG)
  • Withering Woods (BYG)
  • Undergrowth (BoP)

Pokemon:
  • Duskull line (also here)
  • Ekans line (also here)
  • Sableye (also here)
  • Houndour line (also here)
  • Litwick line
  • Larvesta line
  • Flareon
  • Vulpix line
  • Glameow line
  • Seviper
  • Seedot line
  • Spinarak line
  • Nincada and Ninjask
  • Morpeko
  • Misdreavus line
  • Mimikyu
  • Phantump line
  • Weedle line
  • Hoothoot line
  • Murkrow line
  • Dreepy line
  • Tarountula line
  • Bramblin line
  • Fuecoco line
  • Capsakid line
  • Slither Wing (might just be a Crimson Forest spawn. If it is not, then make it also spawn in Crimson Forest)

Possible Legendaries:
  • Wo-Chien
  • Yveltal
  • Zarude
  • Chi-Yu (lava)

"Nether Rocks" Biomes and Spawns -- Click to See Details | Show
This category is here mainly because of Pokemon. There are many species that I would specifically expect to find in Basalt Deltas or other rocky Nether biomes. For the Pokemon that spawn here, I mainly looked at Rock-type and a few Fighting-type and Dragon-type Pokemon, as well as Pokemon that I would expect to be able to find in a rockier or more volcanic part of the Nether. It's basically the Basalt Delta category, but I tried thinking of other biomes where Basalt Delta Pokemon would make sense and came to the conclusion that they look good in volcanic or rocky biomes. "Nether Rocks" is a weird name, but I couldn't think of anything better. Maybe "Nether Volcanos" or "Nether Rocklands". I'm considering Quartz Desert from BYG for this too.

Biomes:
  • Basalt Delta (Vanilla)
  • Magma Wastes (BYG)
  • Withered Abyss (BoP)
  • Erupting Inferno (BoP, 1.17.1+)

Pokemon:
  • Turtonator (also here)
  • Torkoal (also here)
  • Pawniard line (also here)
  • Magby line (also here)
  • Sableye (also here)
  • Geodude lines (both)
  • Hisuian Growlithe line
  • Tyrogue family (all branches)
  • Chimchar line
  • Charmander line
  • Roggenrola line
  • Rolycoly line
  • Rockruff line
  • Durant
  • Heatmor
  • Axew line
  • Bagon line
  • Noibat line
  • Scraggy line
  • Cyclizar
  • Charcadet family (maybe Nether Wastes too)
  • Roaring Moon

Possible Legendaries:
  • Regidrago
  • Groudon
  • Volcanion
  • Heatran (lava)
  • Chi-Yu (lava)

"Nether Deserts" Biomes and Spawns -- Click to See Details | Show
I feel that Soul Sand Valley should be part of a Nether Deserts category that contains a lot of Ghost-type, Dark-type, and Ground-type Pokemon. This category may also contain Quartz Desert and Warped Desert. I was mainly thinking of Soul Sand Valley when designing these spawns.

Biomes:
  • Soul Sand Valley (Vanilla)
  • Quartz Desert (BYG)
  • Warped Desert (BYG)

Pokemon:
  • Duskull line (also here, and maybe much more common here)
  • Yamask lines (both, also here)
  • Houndour line (also here)
  • Sableye (also here)
  • Sizzlipede line (also here)
  • Skorupi line
  • Vullaby line
  • Poochyena line
  • Banette
  • Unovan Darumaka line
  • Sandile line
  • Sandygast line
  • Baltoy line
  • Gligar line
  • Cubone family (both branches)
  • Golett line
  • Nidoran lines (both)
  • Stunfisk (both)
  • Unown
  • Absol
  • Greavard line
  • Orthoworm
  • Nacli line
  • Maschiff line
  • Gimmighoul line
  • Great Tusk
  • Sandy Shocks (maybe a Nether Manmade spawn instead?)

Possible Legendaries:
  • Marshadow
  • Hoopa
  • Ting-Lu
  • Chi-Yu (lava)

"Freezing Nether" Biomes and Spawns -- Click to See Details | Show
Subzero Hypogeal and BoP's former Polar Chasm are what make me suggest a Freezing Nether category, since "cold" Nether biomes don't fit the Nether category due to the number of Fire-types. Either Subzero Hypogeal should be changed to be a part of the Freezing category alone, or it should become part of a Freezing Nether category that contains Dark-types, Ghost-types, Steel-types, and Ice-types. The Freezing Nether category option would also help if some other biome mods in a player's modpack include cold Nether biomes that the player wants to assign a category to.

Biomes:
  • Subzero Hypogeal (BYG)

Pokemon:
  • Yamask lines (also here)
  • Sableye (also here)
  • Sneasel lines (both)
  • Snorunt family (both branches)
  • Cubchoo line
  • Alolan Sandshrew line
  • Galarian Darumaka line
  • Snover line
  • Cryogonal
  • Hisuian Zorua line (absolutely belongs here)
  • Klink line
  • Aron line
  • Magmemite line
  • Galarian Meowth line
  • Elgyem line
  • Minior
  • Cetoddle line
  • Frigibax line
  • Sandy Shocks

Possible Legendaries:
  • Kyurem
  • Chien-Pao
  • Regice
  • Marshadow

Even if these exact five categories are not added, I still feel the Nether needs more categories and more Pokemon in order for Nether exploration to truly be an enjoyable experience in Pixelmon.

By OshawottSam
#211532 Very well explained and makes sense

bio diversity is low in the nether making it boring to explore especially without bartering or the dangers that is the bastions no longer being a threat, The updated spawns would greatly enhance the feel of pixelmon's nether.

only issue is spinarack as its GREEN
By 9Tales
#211535 Thanks for the comment!

Spinarak is mainly there because of Ariados. It would not make sense for Ariados to spawn there if Spinarak doesn't, though I have suggested Pokemon like Camerupt without suggesting preevolutions. Also, there are other mushroom-like Nether biomes besides Crimson Forest. I think Spinarak would look fine in Warped Forest, Glowstone Gardens, and Sythian Torrids. As for Nether Woodlands, it would match with Undergrowth. I feel that just because the Pokemon doesn't have the same color scheme as the surrounding biome doesn't mean it won't fit. It would probably look fine in any of the biomes I suggested for it, even the ones that don't match its color palette. Morgrem has green on it.
By 9Tales
#211573 I decided to put all of my screenshots in one comment, so here we go. These screenshots are group photos of some of the proposed picks for each new category. These aren't all the proposed Pokemon -- see my main post and the comment above -- but they are some of them.

Also, I took these before I split Nether Forests into Nether Mushroom and Nether Woodlands.

Nether Forests:
https://imgur.com/a/du91Jwa

Nether Rocks:
https://imgur.com/a/0KJ6FlA

Nether Deserts:
https://imgur.com/a/LApW4Da

Freezing Nether:
https://imgur.com/a/74P0EYZ
JOIN THE TEAM