By MrYeet123
#211557 Tldr: 5% chance for a tumblestone when a stone block is regularly mined

Now, as I have learned, tumblestones, aside from randomly generated structures, is mainly acquired through the external move Rock-Smash. Now, normally, this would be all fine and dandy. Unfortunately, Rock-Smash destroys blocks.

Which means, servers have had to disable it to prevent griefing.

And this means tumblestones would be purely loot only items on multiplayer, and if you know anything about how people play online, means that tumblestones would be quickly drained from the world as there would be no alternate way to get them.

And sure, it isn't up to the developers of the game to predict what every single server would do and they shouldn't be forced to cater to every single individual need.

However.

Non-player block destruction is such a big no-no for almost every server out there that they have to disable things that could cause griefing through claimed territory, this includes Pixelmon's external moves like rock-smash. Locking the tumblestones behind a block destroying move... Kinda sucks, honestly.

And again, the devs shouldn't be forced to cater to everyone. But this is a widespread problem. And just for that, I propose one, single solution if ores aren't being considered:

5% chance to receive a random tumblestone when mining a stone block.

It's just like how gravel works, but for stone. And to make Rock-Smash actually worth it if it's available, make it an almost guarantee for a tumblestone to be obtained unlike the low chance for when you normally mine stone.

Heck, make certain tumblestones more likely to be obtained at different y-levels, even.

Just please don't lock such an important crafting item locked behind something that's almost guaranteed to be disabled?

By 9Tales
#211561 I agree that Tumblestone shouldn't be exclusive to Rock Smash, especially since Rock Smash is such as bad move and it rarely gives items. Perhaps some Hisuian Pokemon could drop them, such as Growlithe and Voltorb. Also, Tumblestone blocks could be a thing. Maybe Tumblestone could be obtained from Forage. If Pixelmon ever decides to give vanilla villager trading to village NPCs, then perhaps some NPCs could trade Tumblestone for emeralds.

I think a stone drop sounds good, though stone is so commonly mined that 5% might be too high. It would need to be tested. And once Pixelmon reaches 1.18 or higher, then maybe Deepslate should have the small chance to drop tumblestones, since it takes longer to mine and it isn't so commonly mined. However, stone generators are a thing, so keep that in mind. Maybe Tumblestone should only be obtainable from pickaxes with Fortune when mining. I'm no server owner though, so I'm not sure what is useless, balanced, useful, and overpowered.

My take on your idea: A random tumblestone is dropped a small percentage (1%, 2%, 3%) of the time when mining stone with a pickaxe enchanted with Fortune (I, II, III). Once Pixelmon reaches 1.18, then deepslate instead.
By MrYeet123
#211562 I dunno. I feel like the ancient balls (at least the base three) should be an early game ball because they're crude and low tech. If you manage to get fortune you're already far enough in the game to where you can easily have the materials to craft the modern balls, so why even bother with tumblestone at that point? My personal opinion, of course.
JOIN THE TEAM