By kajowwojak
#211641 There is a polite and a blunt way of making this suggestion, so I think that I'm gonna go and just be blunt instead of flowery.

A lot of things in Minecraft are tedious tasks that practically beg to be automated in one fashion or another, such as harvesting Sugarcane or cooking mass quantities of food.

This is where/why most people make mob farms, be it peaceful mobs or hostile mobs. Because while it may be fun to just run around jump/clicking on mobs for the sake of stocking up on enough porkchops for your next dungeon run, or trying to have enough bones for bonemeal for a farm, the charm wears off after the first hour or so.

Particularly food items are a consumable that one can go through at a very rapid rate, and while that's normally fine, because you just need two cows to breed together until you have a veritable ranch of cattle, or you construct a series of hoppers dispensers to automatically produce eggs and chickens.

But in Pixelmon that's... just not an option. If you want to get a bunch of fish, you need to run around and fight a bunch of fish one at a time. You have to run about finding, and then slaughtering Mareep for Mutton and Miltank for Beef and Nidoran for Pork (In a process that is MUCH slower than even just attacking mobs as they spawn, instead of making a farm).

So, My suggestion is having some kind of an NPC that you can trade a pokemon you have, and instead of giving you a different pokemon in return, they effectively give you the loot drops for that pokemon.

For example, Ekans has a 2/3 chance of dropping 1-2 Raw Rabbit upon defeat. So, by trading an Ekans to this NPC, he has a 2/3 chance of giving you back 1-2 raw rabbit (Among other drops).

Important to note that this is still far less efficient for farming resources than a proper minecraft farm, because at best you have a pokemon ranch that is producing eggs, and you need to hatch them before you can trade them, and at worst you are actively catching pokemon to then trade later for the same odds and drop rates, instead of just defeating it there.

I also qualify Chef and kinda feel like emphasizing only consumable items to be acquired here, because there are some rare and/or powerful items that are dropped by rare pokemon, and it wouldn't be a good idea to be able to breed them and try to farm that item.

The Red Card is a 5% drop from a Passimian or a Cinderace for a reason.

And maybe you could go in and enable those drops as well if you want on that server?

But the general idea here is being able to have a renewable source of meat/drop-based consumables, without having to just run around the countryside, waiting for specific pokemon to spawn and then slaughtering them one-by-one.

By SKyTheThunder
#211648 I've never considered food to be an issue in Pixelmon. It's fairly easy to throw a couple stacks of potatoes into an automated furnace setup and be good for a while.
By kajowwojak
#211650 Sure, but that's also boring, and a steak is effectively twice as efficient as baked potatoes are.

It also just seems like a really weird aspect for the meat and bones and eggs (With the presumption of not just hatching eggs to get real chickens) to be something that is so inconvenient to acquire.

Edit: It is also just a slightly more effective way of having something to do with some of the pokemon when you are breeding a lot for shiny hunting or trying to get the perfect IVs. At least you'll get something back when you're releasing all the clutter in your PC
JOIN THE TEAM