By 9Tales
#213246 I feel that there should be a Bird Keeper NPC Trainer class in Pixelmon.

Bird Keepers existed in the Kanto, Jonto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh games, including the remakes. They specialize in Pokemon that are based on birds. I feel that they should be included in Pixelmon since we don't have any Trainer Classes that particularly favor Flying-type Pokemon (though not all the Bird Pokemon I suggested below are Flying-type, for example, Sirfetch'd, Decidueye, and Espathra aren't), and there are so many Pokemon that fit the class. If a Flying gym gets added, Bird Keepers could be the dominant Trainer class for the Gym Trainers.

Bird Keeper Pokemon Pool | Show
Here are all the bird-like Pokemon if I didn't forget any.

Bird Pokemon:
  1. Pidgey
  2. Pidgeotto
  3. Pidgeot
  4. Spearow
  5. Fearow
  6. Psyduck
  7. Golduck
  8. Farfetch'd
  9. Galarian Farfetch'd
  10. Sirfetch'd
  11. Doduo
  12. Dodrio
  13. Porygon
  14. Porygon2
  15. Porygon-Z
  16. Hoothoot
  17. Noctowl
  18. Natu
  19. Xatu
  20. Murkrow
  21. Honchkrow
  22. Delibird
  23. Skarmory
  24. Torchic
  25. Combusken
  26. Blaziken
  27. Tailow
  28. Swellow
  29. Wingull
  30. Pelipper
  31. Swablu
  32. Altaria
  33. Piplup
  34. Prinplup
  35. Empoleon
  36. Starly
  37. Staravia
  38. Staraptor
  39. Chatot
  40. Togekiss
  41. Pidove
  42. Tranquill
  43. Unfezant
  44. Archen
  45. Archeops
  46. Ducklett
  47. Swanna
  48. Rufflet
  49. Braviary
  50. Hisuian Braviary
  51. Vullaby
  52. Mandibuzz
  53. Fletchling
  54. Fletchinder
  55. Talonflame
  56. Hawlucha
  57. Rowlet
  58. Dartrix
  59. Decidueye
  60. Hisuian Decidueye
  61. Pikipek
  62. Trumbeak
  63. Toucannon
  64. Oricorio Baile
  65. Oricorio Pom-Pom
  66. Oricorio Pa'u
  67. Oricorio Sensu
  68. Rookidee
  69. Corvisquire
  70. Corviknight
  71. Eiscue
  72. Arctozolt
  73. Dracozolt
  74. Cramorant
  75. Quaxly
  76. Quaxwell
  77. Quaquaval
  78. Flittle
  79. Espathra
  80. Squawkabilly
  81. Wattrel
  82. Kilowattrel
  83. Bombirdier
  84. Flamigo
  85. Iron Bundle

If Legendaries are still used in the Trainer Class pools, these are the bird ones that I know of:
  1. Articuno
  2. Galarian Articuno
  3. Zapdos
  4. Galarian Zapdos
  5. Moltres
  6. Galarian Moltres
  7. Ho-Oh
  8. Thundurus Therian
  9. Yveltal

If you are daring, you could even put MissingNo in the pool of Pokemon, since it was Bird-type in the main games. Of course, MissingNo is not meant to be used as anything but an error handler in Pixelmon, so you don't have to.

As for biomes, I think the All Forests category would be a good fit, so that this Trainer class spawns in Forests, Birch Forests, Flower Forests, Taigas, Dark Forests, Giant Tree Taigas, Giant Spruce Taigas, Ultra Forests, and the variants. Birds often live and nest in trees, but aren't usually a fan of the cold (many birds migrate before winter), so this is the best category for the Bird Keeper to spawn in.

Edit: I decided to put strikethroughs through all the Pokemon in the non-legendary list that SKyTheThunder suggested removing from it, as I do agree with the suggestions and was thinking the same thing myself. Still plenty of options.

By SKyTheThunder
#213251 I'd take the Porygons and Togekiss off the list, since they're a stretch to call "birds". Plus, the former doesn't spawn naturally (ignoring special palettes), and the way Bird Keepers were depicted in the main games usually suggested they went out and caught the birds in the wild. Same goes for the fossils in that regard.

Not sure about Iron Bundle and legendaries. If there was a way to restrict those to Boss Trainers, that would be my take for those. Bit too special for the random wild lvl 12 Bird Keeper to have imo.

Overall I love the idea though. Bit of nostalgia with Gold being my first game, which makes Flying the first Gym I beat. Bird Keepers make for an interesting Trainer Class with how diverse bird-like Pokémon can be overall, while still keeping to a rather strict theme - so depending on the team they generated with, you might be able to sweep them with a counter to Flying, or you might be completely surprised when they throw out something entirely different.
JOIN THE TEAM