By 9Tales
#213255 Hot moves give us two moveskills (Ignite and Smelt) yet cold moves give us nothing? Lets add a moveskill for Ice-type moves! I suggest Freeze Water.

The Freeze Water moveskill would turn all water blocks within a certain distance of the block the moveskill was used on into ice blocks. Not sure what would happen with waterlogged blocks, maybe the water would just disappear there, the blocks that were waterlogged would drop and the block itself replaced with ice, or the moveskill wouldn't affect them.

Anyway, like with Ignite, the range of the moveskill would depend on the move used:
  • Small area = Icy Wind and Frost Breath
  • Medium area = Ice Beam and Blizzard
  • Large area = Freeze-Dry and Sheer Cold

Here's my explanation for the proposed ranges. Icy Wind and Frost Breath are just blowing some cold air, so it doesn't freeze as much. Plus, Icy Wind is often learned at low levels so you wouldn't expect a big range out of it. They have lower base power. Ice Beam and Blizzard are the more powerful Ice-type moves that are learned by a lot of Pokemon, so they can freeze a moderate area. You may be wondering why I chose Blizzard to freeze a moderate area given my explanation for Icy Wind and Frost Breath freezing a small area, but I felt that the sheer power of Blizzard would make it freeze more. As for Freeze-Dry and Sheer Cold, they freeze the largest area because Freeze-Dry literally has freeze in the name and Sheer Cold brings the temperature very close to absolute zero so I feel that it would freeze a lot of water in the process. Plus, Freeze-Dry and Sheer Cold are learned almost entirely by Ice-types, as opposed to Ice Beam and Blizzard, so making them freeze the largest amount of water would give Ice-types an edge when it comes to utilizing this moveskill.

JOIN THE TEAM