By 9Tales
#213301 I've suggested Hex Maniacs, I've suggested Bird Keepers, and now it's time I suggest Dragon Tamers.

Dragon Tamers are a Trainer Class in the Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Paldea games and their remakes. They specialize in Dragon-type Pokemon or dragon-like Pokemon. I feel that they should be a Trainer Class because we don't currently have a Trainer Class that particularly favors Dragon-types like the Dragon Tamer does. They could be used in the Dragon Gym. I suggest that this Trainer Class be high-level, like Level 40-60, as Dragon-types tend to be obtained late-game in the main games and are fairly strong.

Dragon Tamer Pokemon Pool | Show
Here are all the Pokemon I feel might work for the Trainer Class. Even though they are not Dragon-type, I included Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and the Charmander line because Lance and Clair used them.

Regular Pokemon:
  1. Charmander
  2. Charmeleon
  3. Charizard
  4. Gyarados
  5. Aerodactyl
  6. Dratini
  7. Dragonair
  8. Dragonite
  9. Kingdra
  10. Vibrava
  11. Flygon
  12. Altaria
  13. Bagon
  14. Shelgon
  15. Salamence
  16. Gible
  17. Gabite
  18. Garchomp
  19. Axew
  20. Fraxure
  21. Haxorus
  22. Druddigon
  23. Deino
  24. Zweilous
  25. Hydriegon
  26. Dragalge
  27. Tyrunt
  28. Tyrantrum
  29. Noibat
  30. Noivern
  31. Goomy
  32. Sliggoo
  33. Hisuian Sliggoo
  34. Goodra
  35. Hisuian Goodra
  36. Jangmo-o
  37. Hakamo-o
  38. Kommo-o
  39. Drampa
  40. Turtonator
  41. Alolan Exeggutor
  42. Guzzlord
  43. Naganadel
  44. Dreepy
  45. Drakloak
  46. Dragapult
  47. Applin
  48. Flapple
  49. Appletun
  50. Dracozolt
  51. Dracovish
  52. Duraludon
  53. Cyclizar
  54. Tatsugiri
  55. Frigibax
  56. Arctibax
  57. Baxcalibur
  58. Roaring Moon

Legendary Pokemon:
  1. Regidrago
  2. Latias
  3. Latios
  4. Dialga
  5. Palkia
  6. Giratina
  7. Rayquaza
  8. Reshiram
  9. Zekrom
  10. Kyurem
  11. Zygarde
  12. Eternatus
  13. Koraidon
  14. Miraidon

As for biomes, I think that the Mountainous, Magical, and Evil categories would fit this Trainer Class the best. Mountainous because Dragon-type Pokemon tend to be found in mountainous biomes, Magical because dragons tend to be associated with fantasy and magic, and Evil because dragons tend to be the villains of those tales. Mesa is another option, perhaps even Redwoods. Dragon Tamers may be rarer than other Trainer Classes.

As for skins, I feel the Hoenn skin and the Sinnoh skin would work. You can find those on Bulbapedia. You could also use Lance, Iris, Clair, and/or Raihan as alternate skins.

JOIN THE TEAM