By MrYeet123
#213428 it'd be cool to see the drowned skins get the same treatment as the other timed pallets

By SKyTheThunder
#213431 To my knowledge none of the alternate palettes have shiny variants, since shiny itself is also a texture palette like they are.
By MrYeet123
#213437 The valentines day skins have shiny forms, and the pumpkin alcremie itself you get as a reward from the drowned quests have one aswell
By SKyTheThunder
#213441 The Valentines ones have no shiny variant implemented in their species files, no. The texture assets still seem to exist for some, but they follow a different folder path than the currently active ones, so likely just an oversight.
The Alcremie does indeed have a shiny version implemented though. Might be due to it already having a system for that in place, with all of the sweets getting a shiny variant...

To my knowledge, shinies are to be treated like any other texture palette in that regard. A Pokémon can't have two palettes at the same time - so either the special texture or shiny.
By MrYeet123
#213443 i think i just remembered. it's the seasonal skins that can be shiny because if you find a shiny out in the wild and catch them with the themed ball (catching a shiny koffing in a love ball), then the season skin is shiny aswell, because imagine if you found a shiny but then lost it due to the special season. like shiny valentines day koffing and weezing are this sort of gold-beige if i remember correctly
By SKyTheThunder
#213453 I explicitly checked Koffing. Its species file only has the regular, shiny and valentines palettes defined. No shiny variant of the valentines one. The texture technically still exists, but not in the same directory as the ones for the defined palettes, so likely a remnant.
By MrYeet123
#213456 weird. very weird. well in that case i guess... would this count as a bug then? lmao.
JOIN THE TEAM