By 9Tales
#215641 While this likely is a long way away, I thought I would get the suggestion out there. When we get to a version of Minecraft that is 1.20 or beyond, I think that Pixelmon should have some unique armor trim designs.

I'm having trouble thinking of actual designs, but here are several potential candidates for things to base the trims on:
  1. Red Orb and Blue Orb
  2. Certain Z-Moves or Z-Crystals
  3. Poke Ball or certain Poke Balls
  4. A Pokemon with distinctive markings (like Umbreon)

Edit: I have some suggestions for armor trims in the comment below.

By 9Tales
#215768 Wanted to update to state that I came up with some armor trim design ideas:
  1. Mega Evolution armor trim - Smithing template obtained from defeating an Boss Mega Rayquaza. Or if not that, being very rarely dropped by Ultimate Boss Megas (1/20 drop rate). Design-wise, the chestplate would have the Mega Evolution symbol, not sure about the helmet, leggings, and boots. Maybe the leggings would have the design of Mega Rayquaza's ribbons on the side.
  2. Red Orb armor trim - Smithing template obtained from defeating Boss Primal Groudon. Design-wise, it has the Red Orb's uppercase omega symbol on the chestplate, the markings on Groudon's thighs on the leggings, two vertical lines resembling the lava lines on Primal Groudon's head on the helmet, and omega symbols, dots for claws, or a continuation of the leggings for the boots.
  3. Blue Orb armor trim - Smithing template obtained from defeating a Boss Primal Kyogre. Design-wise, the helmet would resemble the symbol on Primal Kyogre's head, the chestplate would have the lowercase alpha symbol from the Blue Orb, the leggings might resemble the symbol on Kyogre's arms, not sure about the boots.
  4. 18 Type armor trims - Smithing templates obtained from the Typographer Quest and Catching Curator Quest. In addition to the existing rewards, you'd receive the smithing template associated with the type you were told to defeat or catch Pokemon of. The chestplate has a pixel art of the symbol for that type, and the helmet, leggings, and boots would have designs associated with that type (for example, flames for the Fire armor trim). These templates could be used on the armors on the armor stands in the Gym villages.
  5. Poke Ball armor trim - Smithing template obtained from the Pokedex Filler Quest in addition to the usual rewards. The chestplate would have the Poke Ball symbol, not sure about the helmet, leggings, and boots.

I thought of the Mega Evolution, Red Orb, and Blue Orb armor trims being obtained from Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, and Primal Kyogre because they don't drop stones like other Mega Bosses due to not having them, so this gives them something special to drop instead. I also thought it would be fitting to get smithing templates as one of the rewards from quests, hence the Type armor trims and Poke Ball armor trim.
JOIN THE TEAM