By 9Tales
#215783 I know the Card Binder hasn't been added to 1.16, but if it gets readded I think that the Card Binder should be able to be placed on Lecterns, and Card Binders will have a different interface when they are opened while they are on Lecterns.

Placing a Card Binder on a Lectern will make a thin blue (or the actual color if my dyed Card Binder suggestion gets added) book with some silver pages show up on the lectern. Whenever you look inside a Card Binder while it is on a Lectern, it will display the art of all 18 cards you have on the current page, rather than displaying the Card Binder inventory screen. You wouldn't be able to edit the inventory of the Card Binder while the Card Binder is on the Lectern; you'd have to take it off first. There would be a separate interface for using a Card Binder in your hand that's similar to the 1.12 interface.

Here is concept art of what I was thinking the Lectern interface for Card Binders would look something like. It would look nicer if this feature got added to the game, but this gets the point across. You could flip through pages just like in the Card Binder's inventory, and there would be a "Done" and "Take Binder" button at the bottom similar to the "Done" and "Take Book" buttons that regular books get when put on a lectern. The page number and total number of pages (like "Page 1 of 5") should be included in this GUI as well, but I don't know where to put it.

While Card Binders were meant to be used in Pixelmon for card storage, in real life most people use Card Binders to protect and show off their rare or favorite cards, and they generally use card boxes for storing the rest of their cards. Adding an interface for the Card Binder where all the cards on the current page are rendered would fit how Card Binders are typically used -- showing off cards.

Even better, the TCG stands in villages have lecterns, so you can have some of those lecterns come with a binder on them to show players that Card Binders can be placed on Lecterns. The binders might even come with some basic cards inside.

JOIN THE TEAM