By TheJoker
#9745 In most of the pictures used to promote Pixelmon, there is the use of the Unbelievable Shaders Mod, obviously. However, it comes to a very abrupt facepalm when applied to actual gameplay. Both Mods work perfectly fine, no errors and such between the two, but whenever a player enters the building or cave that uses torchlight, glowstone, etc., the UI on the side that displays the short summary of the six held Pokemon decides to **** out. As soon as the player goes inside of anything, the UI decides it no longer wants to display the Pokemon, but instead wants to become the Sun for the day. The only way to correct this is by staying outside, forever.

This is not an issue or complaint, but has been a frequent recommendation that the players on my server have been asking for me to post to Pixelmon. At least 50 people use the custom Shader on my server, and all of them that do use it say they would like to see this fixed, seeing as you do promote the Shader in your pictures.

Other mods have this issue too, where custom GUI's become brighter when indoors because of their transparency, and all of the users of the Shader have said they would not mind if the sidebar became non-transparent, seeing as the Pokedex itself is taking up at least 3 times as much room on the other side of the screen, and that wasn't made invisible.

I do not know if anyone else on these forums or users of Pixelmon want this to be changed, I am just the messenger of those on my server.

(P.S.: Out of all of those who suggested this change, when asked if they would want it permanently swapped for an opaque texture, they said they would not mind if it was an option in the configuration file or if there was a separate .class file to download, etc., in order to provide both a solution for themselves, but also give everyone a chance to choose for themselves which texture looks the best for their client.)

By Vikerus
TheJoker wrote:In most of the pictures used to promote Pixelmon, there is the use of the Unbelievable Shaders Mod, obviously. However, it comes to a very abrupt facepalm when applied to actual gameplay. Both Mods work perfectly fine, no errors and such between the two, but whenever a player enters the building or cave that uses torchlight, glowstone, etc., the UI on the side that displays the short summary of the six held Pokemon decides to **** out. As soon as the player goes inside of anything, the UI decides it no longer wants to display the Pokemon, but instead wants to become the Sun for the day. The only way to correct this is by staying outside, forever.

This is not an issue or complaint, but has been a frequent recommendation that the players on my server have been asking for me to post to Pixelmon. At least 50 people use the custom Shader on my server, and all of them that do use it say they would like to see this fixed, seeing as you do promote the Shader in your pictures.

Other mods have this issue too, where custom GUI's become brighter when indoors because of their transparency, and all of the users of the Shader have said they would not mind if the sidebar became non-transparent, seeing as the Pokedex itself is taking up at least 3 times as much room on the other side of the screen, and that wasn't made invisible.

I do not know if anyone else on these forums or users of Pixelmon want this to be changed, I am just the messenger of those on my server.

(P.S.: Out of all of those who suggested this change, when asked if they would want it permanently swapped for an opaque texture, they said they would not mind if it was an option in the configuration file or if there was a separate .class file to download, etc., in order to provide both a solution for themselves, but also give everyone a chance to choose for themselves which texture looks the best for their client.)

Press o and be happy?
Only thing I can think of.
By MrMasochism
#9785 Actually was thinking about this and realised you can try and test this yourself. Just go into the pixelmon zip and find the pixelmon overlay image and make it non-transparent
By Vikerus
MrMasochism wrote:Actually was thinking about this and realised you can try and test this yourself. Just go into the pixelmon zip and find the pixelmon overlay image and make it non-transparent

So after experimenting making the pixelmonOverlay non-transparent these are the results:

Out in the open:
Spoiler:

Under an overhang looking into the sunny world:
Spoiler:

And underground with glowstone:
Spoiler:

My conclusion is it's with the way the Overlay is interacting with the shaders mod it's self, you will notice that the inv. Bar is not affected, even though it has both transparency and non-transparency. It's going to be a more complex fix then just changing the opacity I'm afraid.
By TheJoker
#9879 Well, through a quick scan of the Shader's configurable files, I could find nothing through searching for "ui," since "ui" would cover both the "gui" file in Minecraft, which is the bottom toolbar, and would also handle the "gui" folder as a generic exclusion list from the Shaders. In Pixelmon itself, every UI works fine except for the short summary, which is probably the one most people look at while they're out and about.

Maybe it was just me, but when I looked at the file for the sidebar, it did not appear transparent in my editor, so maybe the coding is telling it to be % transparent, and maybe that is slightly different than all of the other coding for transparent materials.

I posted all of your responses within the hub of my server (You have no idea how many signs that takes up) and a few said they would not care if it was still transparent, just as long as it stayed the same as the inventory screen and toolbar at the bottom rather than having their Pokemon icons disappear into the whiteness of the bar.

If I can find a .class editor, I can start looking into how Pixelmon renders the sidebar and how the Shader handles UIs, so if anyone knows a good .class editor, just throw me the name, otherwise I can dive through the internet like usual.
By MrMasochism
#9891 It's not like that. The sidebar is rendered at a different point in the render tree to all other ui. It has to be as there's no way of getting inside that render tree short of editing base classes. For some reason though that ends up getting affected in a different way by the shaders mod
By DutchKroket
#77079 Install the shaders from skydaz. It doesn't use optifine and works perfectly.
JOIN THE TEAM