By xXOutlaw95Oo
#123399 I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I have been recently playing on a server and the server has it to where only pokemon they want spawn in that area and no pokemon spawn outside of certain areas and no random pokemon spawn in any area. How do you do this, does it have to do with editing the database, or what? If someone can help I'd very much appreciate it. I am trying to set up a small server for me and some buddies and have everything complete except for this part.

-Thanks

By AnDwHaT5
#123412 They could have but i would think they use the spawner in game.
By xXOutlaw95Oo
#123438 I know for sure they used the spawner. But that doesn't explain how there are absolutely no random spawns. For example in one area, only pidgey and ratatta lvl 3-5 spawn and nothing else no random level 40 spearow or level 10 pikachu or anything
By MoeBoy76
#123451 in the pixelmon.cfg file locate the following lines:
I:"Max number of Air Pokemon (at one time)"=0
I:"Max number of Land Pokemon (at one time)"=0
I:"Max number of Underground Pokemon (at one time)"=0
I:"Max number of Water Pokemon (at one time)"=0
if you set them to 0 like that then nothing will spawn randomly
By xXOutlaw95Oo
#123480 I tried that, but the pokemon I did make spawn from a spawner would automatically disappear because there are 0 pokemon allowed
By USERNAME532
xXOutlaw95Oo wrote:I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I have been recently playing on a server and the server has it to where only pokemon they want spawn in that area and no pokemon spawn outside of certain areas and no random pokemon spawn in any area. How do you do this, does it have to do with editing the database, or what? If someone can help I'd very much appreciate it. I am trying to set up a small server for me and some buddies and have everything complete except for this part.

-Thanks

Did you ask the server's forums?

P.S. BET YOU $5 THAT IT'S POKEBALLERS KANTO!!!!!!!!!
By xXOutlaw95Oo
#124337 Yes I did no one new I even asked on of the people that created the server and he said they weren't willing to release the info just yet, but they "may" do it eventually. But didn't sound to sure that they would ever reveal it
By joelvr13
#124704 It is wondering me to, i just don't get why if i put everything to 0 even the spawner pokemon will be disabled :[
By Tirco2
#125557 Sorry for the late reply, but as this isn't answered yet, here's how i think they did it:

You can edit the database file for the mod to change what pixelmon spawns in what biomes. I believe the server you are describing have set all of the pixelmon to not spawn in any biome using the database editing tool. This way, the spawners would still work, but they wouldn't have any of the random spawns. There should be tutorials on how to edit the database fairly simple to find on YouTube.

Another way to make this happen would be having the players be in another world than the main world. (using a plugin such as multiworld) Since pixelmon will only naturally spawn in the main world, they won't be spawning in any secondary world you make. Im not sure if the spawners still work though, but i would imagine they will.
JOIN THE TEAM