By Sonofleo
#29501 I just started and Downloaded Techne And I have no idea How to do stuff... I mean can someone help me On my first try to model? Can someone give me like a tutorial or something? I really want to model pokemon for this Awesome Mod. But Can someone teach me the basics of modeling pokemon? Thanks In advance

By Articuno437
#29520 viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1485 Try looking at this. ( I'll never model because it'll probably look s**t.)
By LilacLily
#29547 Is not >=/ Very helpful. Ima make a model, hopefully soon. but I suck...
By lugiaisbeast101
Sonofleo wrote:I just started and Downloaded Techne And I have no idea How to do stuff... I mean can someone help me On my first try to model? Can someone give me like a tutorial or something? I really want to model pokemon for this Awesome Mod. But Can someone teach me the basics of modeling pokemon? Thanks In advance

Tell us what Pokémon you're planning do to first, and try picking an easy model to go with. There can't really be a specific tutorial for modeling on Techne as experience is the best teacher for that program really. However, I and many others could help you get started.
By Sonofleo
#29794 I was planning a golduck
By karrybird
Sonofleo wrote:I was planning a golduck

maybe you should try one that hasn't been done yet, golduck was just recently coded in.
By Sonofleo
#29811 oh.. so where do i start? :3
By sargeantsimon
#30238 With simplicity. I recommend something that doesn't have a lot of curves. Before you jump into it, though, make sure you know how to do it all. Make a creeper or something of the sort so you know how the program functions. Play around with curves and rotated blocks. Then try to make a model. My attempts at this are coming along, and I've almost got something that looks like something.

And save your work frequently. The auto backups just don't work as well as manual saving.
By Sonofleo
#31882 Well heres the one i made. I dont know how the texture stuff works. So well heres the creeper model
By karrybird
#32036 first off, it needs to be centered.
second, it's feet need to touch the block or it would be floating in game.
and third, techne even includes a creeper model as a base already. might want to check it out for what i mean exactly. XD
JOIN THE TEAM