User avatar
By GhostWolf2398
#46055 I have been noticing a lot of errors dealing with "getExperience class" and "Missing item ID's" showing up in support. Since the solution has been to disable the updating of the database, and since I have looked code-side and absolutely nothing is wrong, I have come to the conclusion that possible there was a mistake/mass deletion of records in the latest update of the database.

Specifically the "getExperienceGroup" error would be the "Ticking Memory Error" that has been showing up. The line it refers to "java:83 in the stats.Level class is the assignment for the experience group, and is getting NULL values in return, which based on the SQL interaction code indicates either invalid or missing records.

I have no idea how to find out if this is true, I know some database programming, but someone who is more used to the Pixelmon database might be better suited to check.


User avatar
By GhostWolf2398
#46061 YEP!

This is the source of the entire problem.

I saved my old database version, and tried to launch Pixelmon.

It downloaded the new version, and I tried to open it and it gave me the error:

SQLiteManager: Error in opening file Pixelmon_updated.db - either the file is encrypted or corrupt
Exception Message: Component returned failure code: 0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [mozIStorageService.openUnsharedDatabase]

We just need to rollback the database to a working version to get it to work, and then when everyone updates it will be fixed again.

Here is a download link from my SugarSync account for the functioning version of the database, if needed by the devs/database managers -
User avatar
By GhostWolf2398
ryancpexpert wrote:If your getting Missing Item ID's, I suggest deleting the Database and Config and letting it re-download, That usually fixes it for me.

Yep, I updated my original post with a link to my Bugs Forum post with this. I added step-by-step instructions for anyone trying to temporarily fix it.
User avatar
By GhostWolf2398
ryancpexpert wrote:Alright, good you were able to fix it.

It is only a temp fix, replacing the database with the old version and changing the config file to not update.

It will need to be fixed mod-wide when Mr.M gets online.